Sunday, March 15, 2009

Babymoon!

With time running short, we decided to do a little "staycation" in Grapevine, TX at the Gaylord Texan on March 14. It is such a nice place, almost like a little town of its own on the inside.

Here is the front of the hotel as we walked up:

The dome inside the atrium:

The view from our Atrium View room:



A little goofing off while we explored:


I love that the longhorn looks a little offended by me. Boomer Sooner!

This was us after dinner at Old Hickory Steakhouse. I haven't eaten at that many super nice restaurants but I'm pretty sure this was the best food I have ever put in my mouth! I had the filet and Jeremy had a 24 ounce ribeye! Needless to say, we brought home some great leftovers!


So we had a nice little weekend of togetherness, just the two of us...since we aren't going to have too many more of those for a while!



1 comment:

Chris and Carolee said...

Chris and I love the Gaylord and can not wait to go back. Love the steaks too. I am so glad you guys were able to do this.