Sunday, March 22, 2009

36 Weeks


Only 3 weeks till D-Day! THREE WEEKS!! Oh my goodness...I constantly flip back and forth between being excited to see the baby, excited to have my body back, and the terrifying, "what am I going to do? soon-to-be mom" emotion. Ahh...reality and how it will change!
This week was spring break and we got a lot done but it still seems there is so much more. We were given or loaned more clothing than we know what to do with (at least in the 0-3 month department) and I think we have purchased all the major necessities. And I got to hang out with my mom some while she was also spring-breaking. (However, the mystery of the baby monitor remains unsolved.) I am borrowing an old rocking chair from my parents and still debating whether I want to spend the money to get a new one with one of those nice gliding ottomans. The nursery is almost done and it's turning out pretty cute, if I do say so myself. I'll post some pics when we add the finishing touches. Oh, and I finally picked out Noah's "coming home" outfit:

Thanks Mamaw and Papaw! (Jeremy's grandparents.) He will be all decked out for his 3 mile drive home from the hospital. :)
At my 36 week appointment this week, I measured 35 centimeters, had my Group B Strep test (whoo-hoo!), and am just about to cross my 30 pound threshold I had set for myself. I'm pretty sure he can't get much bigger over the next 3 weeks, right? I'm pleased to report that I have only had one small meltdown over feeling "so big and heavy and tired" and that Jeremy was sweet about it...and very amused at the same time. I get to visit the OB every week until D-day now, which really only equals 2 more visits.
Sadly, spring break is coming to an end now and I must say good night. Hope everyone else had such a lovely week!


3 comments:

Elle said...

You won't be so sad to see Spring Break be over when you have 4 crumbsnatchers!!!! ;) No, my only regret was not getting to stay home and be with mine, but they like to eat so I had to work. I can't believe the baby monitor is missing. It'll probly turn up right when you go ahead and get it. Murphy's law ya know! Well I can't believe it is almost time for Mr. Noah's big arrival and I've not yet mailed his blue blanky. I'll do it tomorrow FO SHO! ;) Can't wait to see the nursery pics.

Colored With Memories said...

the baby monitor saga continues, huh? weird!

i love his little outfit...so cute! can't wait to see him in it.

go for the glider...you'll love it...especially if you breastfeed! lily slept many a night in her carseat resting on the glider while one of us kicked it from bed to keep in rocking...how awful is that. sleep deprivation...it's a mean animal!

Chris and Carolee said...

You look adorable! I am so excited for you guys. Very Handsome outfit. Hope the monitor shows up.