Sunday, March 8, 2009

34 Weeks


On March 6, I was at the OB for my appointment at exactly 34 weeks. I totally forgot to ask the usual measurement info after receiving some surprising news. Apparently, there is a chance my insurance company is going to put the old kibosh on my plans for a c-section. And I don't even have an HMO: go figure!! So I have to call them this week and hopefully get it sorted out. Maybe that is the answer to my prayers. However, when the choice is taken away from you, sometimes it makes your true wishes a little clearer. I realized that I have never in my life counted on needing to push a baby out of my nether regions and have no innate desire to do so! (Wendy, we will edit this for the purposes of the book!) But, of course, we will do what needs to be done.
I have been enjoying some late night ice cream to combat the vicious heartburn, more back pain, and the ever increasing fatigue. I am used to keeping myself almost constantly busy and am having to force myself to slow down. It's so hard to just let things go undone when I have such a big to-do list but I am starting to pay for it!


There were also the last two showers this weekend (no, there were not actually 27 of them) and they both went very well. We got several more of the much needed items. here is the hospital shower, hosted by Jeremy's co-workers. They gave us an external hard drive (for loading up all those baby pics and videos), a Target gift card (for all the necessities I still need to pick up), and some other cute little items from the registry as well.







We had a little family party at our house on Saturday, put together by Jeremy's mom and sister, and my mom too. I don't have any pics from that one yet, so I'll add those later.

And we got the one major item we needed in order to bring baby home from the hospital: the travel system! We now have a highly-rated car seat to bring Noah home in and the stroller to go with it. Mamaw (Jeremy's mom) and I went to lunch this week and she and Papaw helped us get it!


Now I have a somewhat-ready nursery with stuff piled in it. Next week is spring break and I plan to spend my week off getting all the stuff purchased, washed, and put away. I am looking for ward to it.

Special thanks to everybody for the great gifts and all the hard work putting together the parties for us and Noah!

1 comment:

Colored With Memories said...

wow...keep us posted re: the c-sect...

looks like your showers were great...can't wait to see more pics!

will your doc let you take any of the OTC heartburn pills? i practically lived on them from weeks 28+!