Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloweekend!

The Barclays had such a busy weekend! But lots of fun was involved. Just so that everyone knows I do pull out my Superwoman cape on occasion, let me describe my Saturday for you.

I got up Saturday morning with Noah and got both of us fed, showered and dressed, then we all headed to the farmer's market. On the way out the door, we learned that the humongous gingko tree in front of Carnegie was shedding its leaves on this day, so we added that to the to do list. (I'll include pics from that stop in a later blog.) Next, we came home and I made sugar cookie dough and icing, fed Noah and I lunch, got the chili started in the crock pot, and put Noah down for a nap. Then I made the corn muffins and cleaned the kitchen. Jeremy went to Wal-Mart and mowed the lawn and helped me with cleaning up during all of this. We took a break, got Noah up, and ready to go. We planned to take Noah trick-or-treating down Court and Church Streets in Lewisburg but nixed that and just went to the carnival at the hospital instead. We came home and had dinner with some friends who came over and made my cousin's famous sugar cookies. Now, they weren't nearly as pretty and detailed as hers, since she pipes them and fills them with hundreds of tiny stars, but nothing of mine ever turns out in any sort of perfection. I cheated a bit on the decorating. But they tasted good and everyone loved the chili! We put the kids to bed upstairs and played Scrabble Flash and Catchphrase until late in the evening. I smoked Jeremy at Scrabble and the girls tied the boys at Catchphrase. :)

The Little Green Monster and Big Green Monster arriving at the carnival.



Signing "more." He never wants to stop. :)





Ready to ride something!
Noah's first kiddie ride!

Doesn't Daddy look thrilled? Maybe just squished.

Riding the kiddie train with mommy.

Making the cookies.




Our friend Kala decided to go as Lindsay Lohan. No, really she got jalapenos on her nose and mixed up a paste of baking soda and milk that she swears does wonders.

Trying to get some nice shots of the monster.

Not so easy.

The front porch decor.


Always the leaves.



Hope your weekend was bootiful too! :)

2 comments:

Alli said...

Super woman indeed! And the cookies look beautiful - way to go!

Linda said...

Love the beautiful picture of the water mill and fall leaves with the three of you. Your cookies look great!