Monday, October 25, 2010

A Day on the Farm

We took off on the evening of October 19th as soon as Jeremy could get home from work. Destination: an unknown farm with a pumpkin patch just south of Union, WV. We found a delightful place full of cheap entertainment and broadening new experiences for Noah! :) This trip included his first time seeing farm animals, first petting zoo, first pumpkin patch, and first hay ride. Too bad it was getting a little too late to have time for the corn maze!

I think this is the perfect little farm boy picture. :)
This is the best shot I could get of him actually with pumpkins in the picture.


Visiting with the cow.

For some reason, this little goat was very fond of Noah and wanted to climb out of the pen to see him.

With the little ponies.

Sitting in the kiddie ride that he was not really big enough to do by himself. (And Jeremy and I were not really small enough to ride with him.)
Waiting on the trailer for the hay ride to begin.

Here we go!

Sitting on Dady's lap, watching the kind young man drive us around the
corn field and gardens.
Then he wanted to ride on Mommy's lap for a while.

This was his expression through the whole ride. He hasn't sat that still on my lap in a very long time.


As we came around the last leg of the trip, who did we see? Bevo. I told Jeremy it is a sign. :)
I guess you'd call this a bramble? I'd hate to tangle with one of these. They were growing amongst the crops.


Mooooo!

2 comments:

Chris and Carolee said...

Amy that is some good mooing, glad you finally learned your farm animal sounds. that must be that OU education you got. chris and carolee (ok mostly chris)

Sarah said...

Thanks for your comment about the trick or treating, I never thought of that...I better go check that out!

Love all the pictures in this post. I'm tellin' ya, that Noah's a cutie patootie!!