Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fall is in the Air!

It is getting to be just gorgeous around here! I love fall. If only, it didn't mean winter is just around the corner! Here are some recent fall shots.

I don't know what setting I accidentally turned my camera to, but I really like this one.

There are pumpkins all over the place.

This weekend was a busy one. We had an 80s party on Friday night at the hospital.

Yes, we did. And yes, my shirt does say "NKOTB 4-Ever" in puff paint.

Then on Saturday we had TOOT. No that's not a rude word, it stands for Taste of Our Towns, a festival that Lewisburg puts on every year. Thousands of people fill the streets of downtown, buy tokens, and spend them on delicious foods from the region, all benefitting Carnegie Hall. I worked this particular Saturday but was still able to enjoy plenty of good eats, and a nice view of the crowds. :)


Funny, this lady in the center came into our store and I learned she is from Frisco. She said she'd gladly trade me for Lewisburg. :)

Here was Glen, the big entertainment act, right outside our store window. He is actually hilarious doing his horse act. Can you see the zebra-striped horse head and little legs hanging over the sides?

Pumpkin ice cream from the Greenbrier section. Pretty fabulous.

My chocolate-covered strawberry.

This morning, we headed up to Babcock State Park, in Fayette County for a little family photo shoot on Noah's 1.5 year birthday! Most beautiful fall drive ever. At higher altitudes (around 3500 feet, as compared to Lewisburg's 1500 feet) the leaves peak earlier and were incredible on the mountains. I'll post those soon. We didn't have much luck with individual pics of Noah so I guess I'm going to have to book a studio session. But our family shots have some awesome scenery. Here is the preview from my camera.
An old mill complete with waterfall.




A Woolly Worm?

Anyway, I hope you are having a glorious fall! Too bad it doesn't last longer!

1 comment:

Chris and Carolee said...

YOu guys totally rocked the 80's. I want to come visit you. It looks so beautiful with all of the change leaves. Noah is getting so big. Miss you.