Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I Had a Mommy Moment

I toured the daycare near Jeremy's work today. All I can say is that it had that daycare smell (you know, sweaty kids, poop, pee, and puke all mixed together or something like that) and the baby room had stackable cribs that looked like cages you see on TV at animal shelters. The people seemed nice enough and the place was actually pretty nice, but it was all I could do to get myself out the front door before I burst into tears. Then I cried all the way through the line at Chick-Fil-A and all the way home. Help!

Also, please keep the Nutt's in your prayers. They had a miscarriage over the weekend and are starting up some fertility treatments. Pray for God's will, healing, and a healthy baby (or two) at the end of their long road.

5 comments:

Chris and Carolee said...

Amy,
My heart is broken for your friends. I am so sorry to hear that and I am praying for them. It is normal for you to not want to leave him, but he will be alright and Jeremy will be right there with him. Something would be wrong with you if you were looking forward to it. I will pray that God will give you a peace.

Anonymous said...

I remember when I was pregnant with Garrett and I knew I wanted a home daycare. I pulled into this scary neighborhood (which really isn't that bad, but it wasn't nice, i'm a snob) anyway, I interviewed the first lady and she was overweight, her house smelled like smoke. she had about 2 babies on the floor playing while I was there. One started to cry and she pulled him up by his arm, while sitting, then she asked me to hold him. I couldn't get out of there fast enough and cried all the way home.

Anonymous said...

sorry, meant to put my name, Melissa

Colored With Memories said...

i'm so sorry to hear about your friend's loss!

i didn't leave lily @ daycare until 18 months and it was still awful then. i can't even imagine what you are going through! i wish i could help... i work on tuesdays though.

have you checked the state's website for registered in home day cares?

Scott E said...

Sorry to hear about Brian and Stacy. On the daycare, stick with the chain places, not the Mom and Pop-type. Cheaper is not better.