Monday, July 6, 2009

Fourth of July

Well, for Noah's first Independence Day, I completely skipped out on taking pictures! Not sure why, so I'll upload some recent video instead.



We had a great weekend. Jeremy left work early on Friday and his parents came in and ended up staying the whole weekend, working on the infamous backyard project and trading Dominick and Sophia back and forth with their parents. We had Pei Wei for dinner and I finally drank my Paris Vineyards wine! I have to say it was very sweet (how I like it) and awesome! My mom bought that wine for me a year ago and I discovered that I was pregnant before I ever got to pop the cork!



Saturday, Jeremy's mom and I headed to downtown Lewisville to the Farmers Market with Noah and got loads of fruit and veggies. For lunch, we grilled turkey burgers and turkey dogs, so we had a pretty healthy cookout. I was excited because I can never get Jeremy to agree to mess with the little charcoal grill we have. He assures me he will cook out when we buy a gas grill someday. :) Mandi, Wes, Dom, and Sophia joined us for lunch too! On Sunday, the "cold front" came in and we actually got some rain and highs only in the 80s.



Noah had a great time with everybody. I did learn something I must have in our next home. Besides the granite counter tops, a few hundred more square feet, and the pool I am craving in this summer heat. The baby's room needs to be far away from the kitchen, living room, and all other activity really. Otherwise, its hard to get a good nap in. :)



Best of all, we got some AMAZING news on Friday night that totally made our weekend. Our friends, Brian & Stacie, who have been trying to conceive for the past year-and-a-half, are PREGNANT. We have been waiting on that phone call! Stacie sent a picture of her Clear Blue Digital test to my phone. It's pretty ironic, that she only took that test because of a cheap, fluky test she took that morning that had one faint little line out of place and that she kept looking for the word "not" on the digital test. (See blog about how we found about Noah.) After all this waiting, and a tubal pregnancy, they are beside themselves with hope and excitement. And so are we. They even conceived almost the same time we did last year. Jeremy's dad told them on the day Noah was born not to worry because we'd all be there for them in another year when their baby came. I get goose bumps thinking about the ways God has worked in this. Praise you Lord. Pray for the Nutt family. May it be a perfect, healthy, uncomplicated journey for Baby Nutt.


Here is part of Noah's conversation with his Salty Frog the other day. It was pretty funny but then he started getting a little tired of tummy time...




We shot this little video for Dom & Sophia because they think it is hilarious to watch Noah on the computer.



1 comment:

Chris and Carolee said...

I heart this little pumpkin. He is getting so big. I am also thrilled for you friends. I will be praying for them. Hug Noah for me.