Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Celebrate!

After a rather rough day on Monday, and a counseling session by phone with my friend, Jessica, we have had two fabulous days and a great night! He is making improvements in his napping and I discovered that if I let him take his mid-day nap (rather than pushing the nap training so hard) in the swing, he gets at least a two hour stretch and isn't quite so bearish in the evening. Last night, he made it from 7:30pm to 4:30am between feedings and even fell asleep by himself lying in the crib! It is getting easier to get him down for naps as well.

My mom is helping out again today so that I could go to some appointments and run errands. Sorry to document such boring details and not even have a new picture to include but I must document all the ups and downs and not forget anything. I read in a magazine the other day a great quote that basically said nostalgia is just memories without the pain!

Noah is doing well with rolling over but forgets how occasionally. He is becoming even more fun, learning to sit in his Bumbo and taking notice of his toys. He actually held onto a little telephone rattle for about five minutes without dropping it! It was pretty cute because he kind of looked like he was talking on it a bit!

Thanks for all the prayers and love, guys!

2 comments:

Tina said...

sometimes just going with the flow is easier than going by the book :)
its hard to figure it all out and figure him out and you out, but you are doing an awesome job!! he's such a cutie and looks so happy!!

Alli said...

Yea! Thank goodness for small victories! Let me know if there's anything I can ever do - love ya!