Wednesday, April 8, 2009

T-minus 2 days

Well, today is technically my first day of maternity leave. So what am I doing with it?

I went to my women's group this morning and they prayed for me and made me feel a little better. Then I ran some errands: Target, the bank (thanks for the cash Mom & Dad, I decided to take you up on it after all), returned a movie to Blockbuster, and came home. This afternoon I have been glued to the couch while I watched The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 (don't bother) and devoured a bag of Twizzlers. This is contructive right? So many things I need to be doing!!

People keep asking if I am excited and I give them my best deer-in-the headlights smile. Some of the thoughts running through my head: Two days?! Where did that forever long pregnancy go?...What was I thinking? What am I going to do with a baby?... Everything is about to change, permanently... They are going to do WHAT to me at the hospital? Get the Xanax ready... I don't function well on less than 8 hours of sleep...

After this morning I started to feel a little more excited and ready to do this. Jeremy is excited enough for both of us. He has been trying to eject the kid all week. He even went in late to work on Tuesday so he could make me french toast for breakfast before my last day of work. And he's taking me to Buffalo Wild Wings tonight (or as we nicknamed it, Buff Wi Wi). OK, so that one is really more his thing than mine but he has been fully supporting my eating habits lately.

That's about it for today! I will update again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Alli said...

Don't forget to breathe as all those thoughts are running through your head. Maybe a pedicure would calm you down? And, yes, surely Twizzlers are constructive.

Tina said...

Good Luck!! You will be an amazing Mommy...sure it's all scary now, but once he's in your arms (very soon) it will come very naturally! Can't wait to "meet" little man!!