Sunday, April 5, 2009

38 Weeks


Yesterday I was just looking back at our vacation pictures from last summer marveling at how skinny I was. I was jogging quite a bit and was nicely toned when this all began!
Well, this week was eventful! On April 2, the doctor checked my cervix and pronounced me dilated to one centimeter but my cervix was still tightly closed and not thinning at all. I actually asked her to check because sometimes that speeds things along. Crazy right? I had this thought that if he decided to come before the 10th, I would just go ahead and push the little guy out!

On April 3, exactly 38 weeks, we had a little false alarm. I'll spare the slightly gross details but my doctor instructed me to head down to Labor & Delivery to get checked out. My water was still intact and apparently many pregnant women head in with lots of false alarms. What I did learn, was that I really do want him to stay put until the 10th! As I lay in the hospital bed, I began, in true Amy fashion, to panic very quietly, just a bit. What was I thinking? I am NOT ready for this! Nevermind, I don't want to push anything out of my body! Get me out of here... I think it must have been one of those control things. The nurse checked me again and said that I was still at one centimeter but that I was beginning to thin out (whatever that means exactly, I still don't get). And they sent me home. Hooray!

Jeremy doesn't think Noah will make it until Good Friday but I am hopeful! Oh and I solved the baby monitor mystery! The ladies I work with gave me a nice little luncheon at Bridlewood Country Club and each one of them gave us their favorite children's book plus the monitor. So sweet!

Here is the mostly finished nursery. Just needs a few more touches, including the new glider and ottoman when they arrive. Picture them in place of the old blue chair!



7 comments:

Brooke said...

I love the nursery! Very cute. Don't feel to bad about the false alarm. I had one too with Liam. Really....when you've never done this before how on earth are you supposed to know!

Chris and Carolee said...

Happy baby week!!! We love the nursery. We're praying for you guys this week!! I'll call later this week.

Colored With Memories said...

ooh..sorry to hear about the false alarm...that must have been scary.

i bet he'll hold tight til friday!

nursery is. so. adorable. i almost asked to see it the other night...and then forgot.

glad also to know the monitor case is closed. what a fun idea for a shower!

Melissa S. said...

Hey guys! We had a time of prayer for you all at home group yesterday. Missed you!

Tina said...

i just love reading up on your little adventure :) and false alarms are completely normal, and don't feel bad, everyone panics!! its only natural. i can't wait to check and see his arrival :) i also love the nursery, very cute!
good luck!!

Joanna said...

The nursery is great Amy! Beautiful furniture, and I love the curtains! Looking forward to seeing the pics when he arrives!

Elle said...

I LOVE his room! So cute. Well I think he'll probly just hang out in there until Friday. He's all warm and cozy, no hurry for him. They like being squished. You'll spend the first several weeks using a blanket swaddle to "squish" him all up anyhow! They feel safer and warmer, who can blame them. Well, I personally feel like you are missing out on something by not pushing the little little man into the world, but either way he gets here it will be so wonderful to have him! I wouldn't trade that experience for anything. Hugs and Prayers, can't wait to see him! ;)