Friday, April 24, 2009

How Can This Be?

How did my 2-week-old sleep sleep for 5.5 hours last night?? I have done a little reading and it seems that shouldn't be happening for at least a few more weeks. He only woke up long enough for his Mamaw to change his diaper during that time. I woke up and panicked a little because I couldn't imagine why she didn't bring him to me to feed. :) Whatever happened, the little extra ZZZ's were great! I am taking him for walks in his stroller everyday to help him be more alert during the day and sleepy at night.






Is it sad to be excited that I just took my first trip out of the house alone in 2 weeks? It was just to return a way overdue library book and stop at Sonic for Happy Hour drinks but it was nice! :)






I have to let all the naysayers (no idea how you spell that) know that I am recovering nicely from the c-section! There was really only a day or two where the incision gave me trouble, mostly because we were trying to get my meds adjusted. I have been off the pain meds for quite a while now.






I am bummed because we were supposed to do his newborn pics this morning (I have a photographer coming to the house for them) but it was cloudy. We are trying to reschedule for next week and I'm hoping the cord will have fallen off by then.






Here are the latest pics:

He hates bathtime!

You can't see but this towel says I Love Daddy and has 2 little whales.

2 comments:

Elle said...

When Donnia was two weeks old, I gave her cereal for the first time. She slept for 7 hours and has slept all night ever since, with the exception of illness. As you know she's 16 now, so pretty much slept all night her whole life! It IS possible. Maybe that's how Mr. Noah's gonna roll...hope so for you and Jeremy's sakes! ;) I do remember that first time though, waking up and seeing daylight in my eyes scared me to death, I flew out of bed and over to the crib with horrible thoughts...she was just laying there sucking on her thumb waiting patiently for someone to feed her. Jake was my first experience with sleep deprivation! ;)

Brooke said...

Its so funny that all we want is for them to sleep through the night, but when they do have a long stretch of sleep it totally freaks us out! Hopefully this is just a sign of good things to come for you guys! Keep blogging, I'm loving the Noah updates:)