Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Night and Day, Day and Night

We had to laugh yesterday when Noah got his first piece of mail (social security card) and his first phone call (reminder from the pediatrician's office about today's appointment).

At the visit today he weighed in at 7 pounds, 1 ounce and measured 19 inches. Did he really grow a whole inch in one week?? No wonder all newborns do is eat, sleep, and poop.

Speaking of sleeping, Dr. B confirmed that Noah has moved into the "day and night confusion" stage. He woke up for a feeding at 4:00am, and after nursing off and on, changing 3 poopy diapers, and listening to him not sleeping in his crib, I gave up at 6:00am and handed him off to my MIL. I have to say that breastfeeding is the most frustrating thing I have attempted to do. So I made an appointment tomorrow with a lactation consultant from the hospital that I like and am continuing to pump and hope we can get it all straightened out!
Riding to the hospital for his Texas DNA test:
My brother and niece. She is a little crazy about her cousin.

First trip to the neighborhood park:

6 comments:

Colored With Memories said...

first of all...you look great! wow!

lily had her days and nights all messed up too...so hard! my doc had some good advice though...

also...hand in there girl with the nursing. i had a love/hate relationship with it...had all but given up twice before lily was even 14 days old, but FINALLY got on track with an on the spot feeding/consultation with a lc.

it can be tough...try not to be frustrated by everyone who makes it look so easy.

give me a call or shoot me an email if you need any encouragement...or just an ear to listen to your frustrations! i don't know that i'll have any answers, but i can definitely commiserate with ya!

Chris and Carolee said...

You look great and you are already walking to the Park that is great. Hang in there with the B.F. and I am glad you are meeting with a Lactation Consultant. You will sleep again I promise. It might feel like you aren't but, you will. Hug Noah for me. I think that we are coming the last weekend in May for our family vacation and I would like to stop by and meet Noah if you are up to it.

Alli said...

Wow - already an outing to the park! Impressive! I hope the lactation consultant helps. Keep it up - you'll figure it all out soon, I promise.

Elle said...

Hang in there. It was about month 3 when I finally got the nursing thing. I was so glad I had stuck out what I still consider to be one of the greatest challenges of MY LIFE! And remember I've had toddlers and teenagers and TFC kiddos! The greatest blessing too though. It will get easier, and you're being proactive getting help, and that will be good too. He is already changing so much! What a cutie. I'm glad you have your Mom and MIL to help you. It was hard to be 19 and have absolutely no one, and hubby working nights, and sleeping days. I was terribly lonely and just had to wing it. I know you already appreciate them, but appreciate them more! ;) Have a great weekend and give Noah kisses for us.

Brooke said...

It took several weeks (and some tears...) for Liam and I to really get the hang of nursing. Hang in there!

Jon Wendy and Madison said...

I swear my daughter (Madison in the photo with her Dad) SMILES!!! Next time you take her photo, tell her to SMILE!!! She has a lovely smile but forgets to show it sometimes!

Hang in there on the BF...it is one of those things that if you don't try you will always regret, but you also have to look at it as though I will try it and see if it works and continue until it doesn't work for us (you and Noah) anymore.

Will come to see him once I get in my walking cast...too hard on crutches!