Friday, November 21, 2008

Highlights of the Past Week

1. Today I baby-sat the world famous Chamblee twins! Jake and Mallory are just too cute. And I had good luck--they did not wake up at the same time demanding to be fed. I got to feed them one at a time and felt like such a chicken :) Now that they are 3 months old, they are smiling, laughing, and love to be talked to! Check out their blog sometime.

2. Also today, I made dinner and we took it to a home group friend who had a baby recently--and got to meet little Braden!

3. I read the entire first Twilight book. Nevermind the husband kicking and whining the whole way. :) I just had to know what the hype was all about. Loved it. That Edward Cullen character is something else, ladies. Scarcely a dull moment. And Jeremy is taking me to see the movie soon...I can't wait!!

4. Thursday I had my doctor's appointment and sono, which was awesome! See previous blog.

5. On Wednesday, I learned that I have to have a cavity fixed soon because of an old filling that was not well done. That's more of a lowlight of the week.

6. Last Saturday, while we did our weekly shopping at our uber-cool and green Wal-Mart, I tried Dunkin Donuts coffee (decaf!) for the first time and I may like it better than Starbucks! Caramel latte was YUMMMMMY! I'll give it another taste test in the morning. ;)

I am really excited about this next week. I only have to work Monday and then I am off for Thanksgiving break. I love everything about the holiday season: the stupid Macy's Parade, the insanity of going shopping at 5am on Black Friday (armed with Starbucks), the eating, the decorating. We are headed to Wichita Falls to his parents on Wednesday evening and will participate in the "Chicken-n-Dumplings on the night before Thanksgiving" tradition. Noah can hardly wait!

4 comments:

Tina said...

I'm on that list for loving the Macy's parade (not sure you said you loved it though...lol) and DUNKIN DONUTS COFFEE!! I'll take it over Starbucks ANY DAY OF THE WEEK! One corner is dunking and then a little down the road on the other corner is starbucks, and lucky for dunkin, they also have a drive through :-)
Have a great Thanksgiving! I'm sure Noah will LOVE his first taste of this delicious holiday!

Natalie said...

Enjoy your Thanksgiving break! I'm heading to OK on Wednesday.

I've been hearing a lot about the Twilight book, so I was curious--thanks for the review.

Brooke said...

I must totally have my head buried in the sand b/c I have no idea what Twilight is even about. It must be big though b/c I saw it on a legitimate newscast last night.
Glad your little guy is still a little guy and now you can officially start SHOPPING! Fun!

Elle said...

Ok, I'm all caught up now! I love your blog. Edward is quite a charmer isn't he! I do love me some Cullen men. My husband sends me text messages all the time from Edward. He's feeding the addiction dontcha know! You'd think he'd be staging an intervention. ;) Well, hope Noah enjoys his Thanksgiving feast. He will no doubt let you know one way or the other...and that's bull about his little kicks being gas. I felt Donnia at 16 weeks, and had no doubt. Happy Turkey Week! Don't get ran over Friday. I was home by 630am last year and all Christmas shopping completed. Hope I'm so lucky this year! ;)