Sunday, November 2, 2008

16 Weeks and Happy Halloween!



Ya gotta love it! We had a little get-together at our house on Halloween night with some friends and had a great time. Here is the spread that Kelly helped me prepare:



Crazy weekend! After Halloween, we celebrated my mom, dad, and brother's birthday on Saturday evening at our house with some chicken chili and cake. Then today we are taking the snacks to our homegroup from church. I have never cooked so much in one weekend.

Here is my 16 week pic:



Jeremy was thrilled because he thought for sure people could see a little belly this week. :) Lots to report. Had my 3rd OB visit this week. It was kind of a bummer though. She just listened to the heartbeat, asked a few questions, and I was outta there. The last two visits I left the office glowing after seeing my baby. :) Strangely enough, I walked out of the office and found Keeli Williamson (not sure of her married name) sitting there, more prego than me. She lives close by and sees one of the other docs in the practice.

There are so many new experiences to be had when you are pregnant! I had the privilege of having my nonexistent belly patted down by a couple of virtual strangers (though they know Jeremy) a couple of weeks back. When my aunt did this recently, I laughed because really all that's sticking out at this point is the fat and intestines that are being pushed up by my expanding uterus. :) Also, since I think my blog viewship is basically female, I will add that I have more boobs than I know what to do with these days. I have gone in the last several weeks from a comfy B to a big mama D!! Is this really going to continue at this rate for the next 24 weeks?! If so, they won't even be able to find my belly when it comes time to deliver this child. And the "roadmap of pregnancy" finally appeared this week. Thought I might get out of that one. OK, OK, no more about the boobs, I promise. I just can't get over them...no pun intended...heehee. And then I purchased my first maternity clothes this week, a fabulous red wool coat and a pair of jeans, to have ready and waiting. I have had to retire some of my more snug-fitting things now. And who knew all the "normal" body functions that are disturbed by pregnancy? I had to visit the eye doc this week after seeing "sparks" flying around. This is apparently caused by changes in blood pressure or iron. And I did not know that your nose could be made so stuffy/runny by pregnancy. Although I'm not convinced that allergies aren't playing into that one. Lastly, the nausea report. My doc kept telling me that it could last as long as 16 weeks. Well, here I am. This week she told me it might take me an extra week longer. Gee. But I am feeling better at least!

Whew, that was a long one! My next appointment and sono is November 20, when we will hopefully confirm that we have a little Noah on the way. Have a great week everyone!

5 comments:

Elle said...

I saw that costume at the halloweend store and thought of you. I'm so glad you found it and wore it! SOOooo cute! Enjoy the boobs girl, they don't last past nursing! I was thrilled to finally have some when I was preggo and then like a flash they were gone and I was Flat Fern again...a highschool tease I'd rather forget. I'm glad you're feeling better. Now maybe you can enjoy the rest of Noah's baking! hehe!

Chris and Carolee said...

Hey girl. I forgot you had a blog until I was deleting emails. I love it and now I can spy on you. Chris and I are total blurker's (someone who reads others blogs). You look beautiful. I am sorry to here that you are still sick. I will pray that it will end. I love that you are having a boy. Love his name. You are going to love being parents. Cherish every moment it goes fast. Caroline turned 4 months and started cereal this week. She is so cute. Chris and I are going to start blogging I will let you know when it is up. I am still waiting for you to come and see me. I know you guys are probably as busy as we are. It gets more busy with a baby because then everyone wants to visit you. Miss you. Jermey enjoy the boobs soon they will be off limits.

Colored With Memories said...

what a great costume.

now i know why we had orange/black snackware at group...i forgot to get any though. oops. i'm sure it was tasty!

re: the boobs. oh honey, just wait til your milk comes in.

Alli said...

Oh, the joys of pregnancy! I'm glad you're having fun with all of it. It goes by so fast!

LOVE the costumes!

Natalie said...

those are hilarious costumes!