Thursday, November 20, 2008

And the Wiener Is...

...still there! We definitely have a little Noah on board. We have several pictures but they aren't scanned very well, so maybe I will post them later, when we get better copies. No more sonograms unless medically necessary though. Bummer. I'm going to check into the cost of the 4D sonogram.

Noah was very cute though...and very active! He was dancing around and even yawned for us. People have tried to tell me that I'm just having gas and not really feeling him move, but I knew better. Apparently his little one-inch feet are dead center and the kid packs a punch already! He is 5.5 inches, crown to rump, and probably 8 to 9 inches total, so it's amazing that no one really notices that I am pregnant unless they already know.

Last night I dreamed about seeing Jeremy holding the baby and he had big, blue eyes and was beautiful. However, we were calling him "Cade" and I'm not sure why. I'm also not sure why we were in a parking lot the day after he was born and I was seeing him for first time. As previously mentioned, the dreaming gets a little weird with pregnancy. Just like everything else!

An update on our romantic getaway: we found some cheap Southwest tickets to New York for the first weekend in December and got all excited until we realized that Jeremy has too much going on with work at that time. We'll try to save up and go next year. Leave the kid with grandparents...maybe. :) I have dreamed of going to NYC during the holiday season for years. I was already envisioning myself at the Rockefeller Christmas tree, sipping frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity, and posing for pics with Matt, Meredith, Al, and Anne. Oh well. I may look into a bed and breakfast in Austin or something.

I still have spats of nausea, usually early morning and nighttime. But it's definitely improved! Tomorrow I will be babysitting my cousin's twins for a bit. They are just precious. God definitely knew which Erwin girl could handle two babies at once! Allison is super mom. :)

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Tina said...

Oh :( Bummer about NYC, but I'm kind of glad, because I would love to be able to meet you, but unfortunately, I also have a couple of work events going on that Friday and Saturday :-/
Sooooo glad to hear that Noah is kicking and growing right a long. Get ready, it will all fly by, so enjoy every kick, prod and belly comment that is about to come your way!!
hugs...t

Colored With Memories said...

NYC is great that time of year...definitely reschedule!

i felt both of mine move early...i would totally believe you...

your title cracks me up!

Chris and Carolee said...

I love it. Noah is going to be one lucky kid. I had weird dreams to just wait they will get more weird. Scan the pics I want to see them.

Jon Wendy and Madison said...

Congrats on the Boy! Its a bummer you won't be able to see him again. :-(

I couldn't wait to go to my Dr appts every other week to get to see Madison from 4 months on, which also required me to sit on the Fetal Heart Monitors for an hour and half as well, but because I got to see her to made it worth while!

The kicking will be more frequent and I used to love it when Madison would stretch. It would make me gasp for breath for a moment, (since she was breech her head was right in my lungs)...but I always knew what she was up to in there!! The doctor got it on video one time...that was COOL!

Enjoy pregnancy, there is nothing like it and you will always remember every little thing.

Alli said...

Aw, you're so sweet! I don't always feel like supermom, trust me!