Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Saying Good-bye Part I

Why is it so hard for me to let go of houses? I have been so sad about leaving both of the houses we have owned, each time we've moved. Really, they are just buildings. Imperfect buildings at that. So many things I have changed or would change about each one. (I suppose all houses are like that, unless you are able to customize every detail of the place before it is build.) But, they are still home and endear themselves to my heart like a close friend. Let's take a little tour of our latest residence, shall we?

102 Mackle Lane
Lewisburg, West Virginia 24901

So cozy in the snow, with its new black shutters, don't you think?

We prefer the warmer spring weather, personally.

A formal dining room, though mine is more on the casual side.

Great kitchen.

Probably the best room in the house.

The back living room, as we called it. It is joined, completely open with the kitchen. And we added a ceiling fan since this photo was taken. :)

Noah's little room.


Our master bedroom.

Master bathtub, which I found to be a fine selling point.

Much to my chagrin, I don't think I ever took formal pictures of the guest room, "playroom", guest bath, front living room, entryway or powder room. Too late now! That place is empty, as of today. It sure is nice having somebody else pack you and move you. However, it is also like a brief migraine.
I am declaring my prayer here, before all 5 of you that might read this. :) I have asked the Lord for a miracle. Houses tend to sell very slowly in Lewisburg and I have been regretting our decision to purchase this home for a while now. I wish someone had knocked some sense into me and told me to rent! It was all just pride anyway. Lesson learned. We will be renting in Cedar Park. However, I am asking God to sell our house and do it quickly! We won't be in a bind, since the company helps with these expenses, but it will be wonderful to have the burden off our backs, just the same. So will you pray with me?

Anybody need a house?

1 comment:

Alli said...

Can't wait to see you back in Texas! I'll be praying for a quick sale.