Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Saying Good-bye Part II

Here are just a few of the jewels I will miss from the great city of Lewisburg, WV!

The Wild Bean.
Everything is vegetarian, organic, local stuff. They have the best. coffee. ever. I brought 2 little bags of it to Texas with me and will miss it when it's gone, though I probably could order more. I especially love their Peppermint Hot Chocolate. They make the best "Fakin' Bacon" burritos around. Walk inside, and you come out wearing a semi-permanent cologne of coffee and grease. ;)





The Irish Pub.
I only went in here once maybe, but its still a cool place.


Honnahlee.
The toy store. I have purchsed several gifts here, along with things for Noah. They carry some unique toys, and a nice selection of Melissa & Doug.


The Hardware Gallery.
One of my favorite shops. My Blenko pitcher and Fiestaware spoonrest and butter dish came from here. (Did you know that Blenko glassware and Fiestaware are both made in WV?) I also have a "Cinda B" purse and messenger bag from here. The messenger bag makes for an awesome purse/diaper bag.

The Sweet Shoppe. :)
Site of much mountain jigging on my 30th birthday.

The Bakery.
My special place. It was hard working right next door. Best pizza and bagels in the world. I liked to buy fresh eggs from the farm from here too. Somehow, eggs are a million times better to me when I know they were laid by some local hens. I like them in various colors and sizes, not all white and equal in size. (How can those sorts of eggs be real?) I digress...

Studio 40.
Owned by Mary Chappell. She opened this store 2 years ago and opened the other store in the Art Colony at the Greenbrier 30 years ago. She is kind, generous, and has more energy and determination than most people I know. It was a delight to be a part of the store for even just a little while. And I was able to puchase some really neat American made items at great prices!



A map of Greenbrier County hanging in the beautiful new Visitors Center.


I never bought any shoes here, but here is the Yarid's Outlet. The "real" Yarid's is in the Greenbrier and I cannot afford it. I believe Jeremy bought my "something leather" here for our 3rd anniversary. It was a Brighton bracelet with charms.


Harmony Ridge Gallery.
Probably my favorite shop of all. Such cool and funky things! Jeremy bought me a beautiful pottery veggie steamer here and I bought plenty of gifts here as well.

This concludes our tour of downtown Lewisburg. I also have taken plenty of pictures of the Greenbrier, Carnegie Hall, the River Trail, Beartown State Park, and the Farmers Market along the way.

Noah had to say good-bye to Freda, the baby-sitter that has taken care of him since he was 7 months old. I think she was a little sad. Noah is a particular kid and not one to follow the crowd nexessarily, so they had their moments but ended up with a sweet relationship. I am most feeling guilty about taking Noah away from her. She is the only baby-sitter he does not mind being left with. :(



The morning before we flew out, Jeremy and I took Noah to the John Deere store, just for fun. He totally would have gotten this tricycle for his birthday! He cried when we took him off.





Lewisburg, you will always hold a special place in my heart!

No comments: