Thursday, December 30, 2010

Merry Christmas!

I'm back on the blog! At least for a little while. My parents flew in to spend a week in Lewisburg over Christmas and they kept me busy. That, and we are getting ready to move next week! Not that we have to do much packing (just clothes and things we want at the hotel). But we did have the first showing of our home today and frantically cleaned and straightened and went for the best possible "model home" look we could give the place. I must admit, though it is a pain, we are pretty darn good usually at showings. Someone should hire me for that stuff.

Anyway, back to our little Christmas celebration. It was pretty quiet this year, with just the 5 of us here. I forgot to upload all the pictures from my mom's camera, and since I rely on her so much for photo taking, I don't have quite so many. But here goes.

My nativity scene. Not sure if I've ever posted this before, but it might be one of the coolest things I own. Someone brought it back from Africa to my great-grandmother, who gave it to me when I was a baby.
The Christmas Morning Biscuit Trifecta. Apple butter, blueberry jam, and honey. Did you hear? I totally made these from scratch. :) It's so fun for me to make special breakfasts on holidays. Ones that you don't eat very often and are usually not very healthful.

Noah playing with his wooden shape sorter I got from FAO Schwarz.

This shot is here so you can fully view the Christmas PJs that we picked up at the outlet mall in Round Rock. It's supposed to be Santa, not Mr. Incredible.

Trying desperately to get some good shots in the Santa suit.

Proof that my mom was here. Just a hand though.

What are we doing, Mom? It's cold outside!


First Spritz cookie! Think he liked it.

Of course, we took my parents out to see the lights at the Greenbrier. Beautiful!

Noah received a size 2T tuxedo from his great-aunt Brenda and great-uncle Tony for his birthday and we needed an occasion to dress him in it. We thought he'd fit right in at the Greenbrier.




Mostly it was a lot of wrangling but we did manage to get a few pics.


Noah and his Papa.

He learned to say "Pop Pa!" while he was here and laughed everytime Papa answered him. He finally understands that the big people have names! It is just about the cutest thing ever. Nevermind, that he says "Da Dee" all the time, just not directly to Jeremy. And forget about Mommy or Mama.
So handsome it hurts me!

Where's your nose?
Without all the pictures, it is difficult to narrate! The day after Christmas I took my parents back to the Greenbrier for the bunker tour, lunch at Draper's, and a little shopping. We also did some shopping downtown in Lewisburg, but mostly hung out at the house all week. I did a lot of cooking and dishes it seems! It was so cold that it made getting out not as much fun, especially with Noah. The day Mom and I went shopping it was 21 degrees, with snow flurrying, winds gusting the breath right out of you, and wind chill around 5 degrees. Murder! We did make it over to the Wild Bean for peppermint hot chocolates one morning and went to the toy store, where I spent Noah's Christmas money from his great-aunt Susan, and Mimi bought him his first tractor. The boy is all about the tractors! It's so cute when he says it. Sounds sort of like "Dack dur!" I have got to get some videos of him talking. His Mamaw and Papaw gave him a book of farm words for Christmas and I found him, with the page open to the tractors, pointing at them, saying "Tractor, tractor!" over and over. He is putting together puzzles like a pro and Jeremy realized yesterday that Noah is able to pretty much able to identify and say all the farm animals. That Baby Einstein is good for something!
I hope that everyone had a blessed Christmas and kept the reason for the season near to their hearts! See you soon!

2 comments:

The Nutt House said...

Great post, fun to catch up on how your last weeks of WV have been. Ouch on that weather. Hate it. And that nativity scene DOES happen to be the coolest thing!! What a neat heirloom. Noah is gorgeous in his tux, and I cant wait to see you guys! oh...the Greenbriar looks sooo pretty, what a great night you had. Be safe moving. xoxo

Natalie said...

Love your nativity scene!