Thursday, December 25, 2008

O Holy Night

We had a great Christmas! We had fun buying for others and were very blessed by our families with gifts. We got a new vacuum (SO needed), money, and a Lowe's gift card, among other fun things like maternity 'lounge' pants and Jeremy's favorite new running shoes. Here is our Christmas card pic:








The Christmas tree this year:





Quality time with family. Here is little Jake mesmerized by my brother. I have a feeling that this guy will be Noah's favorite partner in crime one day :)










Miss Mallory playing with Jeremy. Those twins love to laugh and thought Jeremy was hee-larious.





Oh my word! I have never seen the unborn receive so much loot at Christmas! Noah was very blessed this year. It was SO much fun opening gifts for him. He got several sweet items with his name on them. My niece Madison made him an adorable Build-a-Bear in pajamas...and of course convinced Mimi that she needed one too!






I AM Suzie Homemaker! I decided this year that I needed to start some traditions of my own and Southern Living had some great recipes for me to try. My friend Kelly and I got ambitious and had a cookie-making party. We exhausted ourselves by making FOUR different recipes...and some chili for the boys...all in one afternoon...that stretched out until about 9:00pm. And I only had one blond pregnant moment which caused the throwing out of one batch. :) I am so proud. Here is a sampling:





And the boys had some Christmas Eve silliness:





And, of course, the reason for the season. There was, alas, no room at the inn. In other words, we did not arrive early enough for the 3:00 Christmas Eve service at our church and had to be turned away. I was bummed but Sophia made up for it with her rendition of Christmas caroling (princess-cowgirl style) later that evening:




Merry Christmas Ya'll!

1 comment:

Elle said...

Ok, so Noah got waayyyyyy more presents than I did! I'm jealous. Hehe.;) Glad you had a good Christmas. Ours was the usual chaos.