Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Humpty Dumpty Had a Great Fall

Yes, I am a bit embarrassed. And sore. I tripped over myself in the hall at school today and landed, face down, sprawled out on the floor. I will avoid the heels from now on.

Thank the Lord, I insisted that the doctor check on Noah, and he is fine. And other than embarrassed, I have a sore shoulder and knee. However, I am irritated with the school district for insisting that I do worker's comp because now nobody will pay for my OB visit...it wasn't work-related and was totally my fault, but because it happened on campus, everything is jacked up.

I feel that this must be somehow related to Jeremy telling our niece Sophia to call me "Huppy Duppy" recently. (This is how she pronounces Humpty Dumpty and it's pretty darn cute...unless you are pregnant and are being called this egg-shaped character.) Humpty is bad karma.

Oh, and I was informed that I gained 6 pounds in slightly less than 4 weeks. Oy...

4 comments:

Colored With Memories said...

glad you are okay!

i had to call my OB when i was 6 or 7 months pregnant with jade. fell off a slide while at a playground w/lily! nothing like having your doc tell you to keep off the slides! duh!

we haven't forgotten about getting together w/you guys...maybe post holidays?

Chris and Carolee said...

I am so glad that you are ok! Tell your hubby that the "Humpy Dumpy" comment combined with you falling requires a jewlery apology.

Alli said...

You didn't tell me about this yesterday! I'm glad you're okay, but sticking to flats until April is probably your best bet. :)

Elle said...

I'm so glad Mr. Noah was fine. I remember those frantic trips to have Donnia checked. Once when I fell in the tub and once when a stupid wasp stung me right on the big fat belly. Fun times!