Sunday, December 14, 2008

22 Weeks and "Run the Rock!"






Here we are again. Somehow the pictures don't seem to do my potbelly justice. It really is there, I promise.

We only had a tiny bit of excitement since my last post. For a couple of days, I wasn't feeling much in the way of movement from Noah. (And after all, some of his little kicks were to the point of being uncomfortable at times.) I came home one night feeling a little panicky and upset about it, which concerned Jeremy enough that he called around to some doctor friends at the hospital the next morning. One of them suggested that I come up to the hospital so he could check the heartbeat for us. This very kind doctor pulled us into a closet, plopped me down in a recliner, and did a little ultrasound. Noah was just fine, thank the Lord. Apparently at this stage, babies can move into positions where it is difficult to feel any movement because there aren't enough nerve endings. The doctor was very amused because the magic ultrasound wand seemed to be making Noah mad. :)

Then for the big excitement today: Jeremy ran in his first marathon! He finished the Dallas White Rock Marathon in 5 hours and 51 minutes. That's 26.2 miles! It was so inspiring to watch so many people torture themselves in such an admirable way! I am happy to report that Jeremy is limping around the house just fine. There was some concern that he would not be able to finish due to some knee problems, but they held up very well. We are all very proud.

This is us just before the race started. Sorry it's a bit blurry...



Here is mile marker 5:


Brian lubing up Jeremy's knees with "Tiger Balm" at about mile marker 15:



Noah's gene pool (aka my parents and Jeremy's parents) hanging out at mile marker 21:


Brian ran miles 18 to 24 with Jeremy to give him a little encouragement:



Here is he coming up to the finish line. I'll have better pics from other cameras soon.



Getting up at 4:00am was not fun but we enjoyed running around trying to keep ahead of him and cheering him on. I'm SO proud! No more marathons, please honey, no more...

3 comments:

Chris and Carolee said...

I am so proud of Jeremy. Way to go!

I hardly ever felt Caroline move and went to the Doctor on a couple of different times to hear the heart beat. It was the same thing she would just get in a comfortable spot and stay. On Days that I did not feel her I would lay on my left side in a quite room and drink Ice Cold water and she would usually move a little but sometime it would take 45 min. to feel anything. She is the calmest baby and very easy going so maybe it is a good thing he is not bouncing around. However, I know if would make you feel better if he would move more.

Colored With Memories said...

yay, jeremy!

we all talked about you at the party and wondered how it went...sounds like you did well!

isn't it crazy how in love w/noah you already are...just 22 weeks into this thing? you are already a great momma!

Alli said...

Congratulations Jeremy!

Amy, love the belly!