Sunday, December 28, 2008

24 Weeks

Let the nesting begin!
Whew! Everything is going so fast now! Only 110 days until my due date. We started making space for Noah yesterday. Who knew that one little baby could turn a whole house upside down? We have had to consolidate the guest bedroom and the office into one room and create extra closet space for Jeremy in the master closet. Both of our extra bedrooms are, I believe, only 10x10 so things are a little squished. The nice part is that Amy got a laptop for Christmas because there would be no room for 2 desktops in the newly converted office/guest room!
I also found just the bedding I was looking for to go with my paint plans! I found it at Babies R Us, where I have also started my registry. You can search for us on there but it doesn't have much yet. Allison said she would go along and tell me everything we really need. I'll probably give in and do a Target registry too, although I am slightly miffed at them at the moment. We'll see. Here is my favorite crib and dresser so far. (They don't show the dresser for some reason.) My parents are generously buying the crib for us. In fact, Mom already picked up the mattress.
Jeremy asked her if she was just a little excited about the whole deal ;)
Once I found the perfect bedding, we went out and matched the paint colors we want. We're going to do a chair rail, with darker blue below and light blue above. Sorry I wanted to insert a link with the colors but the Valspar website is not cooperating. (The colors are Escape and Mountain Lake, if anyone really wants to know :)
I had another OB appointment Friday before last and everything went well. We discussed the date of April 10, which Good Friday falls on this year. I will be exactly 39 weeks then. I am 90% sure that I am doing an elective C-section. I have my reasons, have gotten some good recommendations on them (from people that have had them in the last few years!), and have read some good info. However, I have noticed that if I ever mention this, particularly around women who are a little older, the room goes quiet or I get looks of horror, like I am a bad mother for considering it. So I try not to mention it and no one will care once he gets here anyway. From what I've read, quite a lot of births end up with an involuntary C-section anyway due to inductions or having the epidural too early in the labor process, and it seems safer to me if it's planned and I haven't wasted a bunch of misery. I have no tolerance for pain. Not sure why I am rambling on about this. Anywho, I just discard the advice unless someone has actually done this in the last 5 years. :)
As you may have seen, Noah had a great "zero" Christmas, as Jeremy put it. On Christmas Eve night, we got to WATCH him kick for the first time! He moved my belly around all night but has been a little quieter since then. I think he was anticipating getting a visit from Santa. :)
Well, I am off to continue the middle name debate with Jeremy. We are each making a list and then we'll cross one off each other's list one at a time and see where we end up!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I like the crib and bedding a lot--the stars are very fun! Hope you had a good Christmas!

Tina said...

Make sure you think your decision through completely :-) i didn't have a c-section, but can tell you that both of my epi's were AMAZING and the pain was over as soon as the birth...with a c-section, the pain lasts, until your incesion heals. not saying either way, just saying...that's all :-) lol...lot's of saying going on there!
love the bedding...paul keeps nudging towards another wee one, but i'm not sure i'm ready yet...though your prego pictures don't help...you look GREAT!!
Happy New Year!

Chris and Carolee said...

Hey girl. I love the bedding and crib. It is so much fun picking that stuff out. Our friends have that crib and I really liked it when I saw it.
I also had a c section and I liked having one even though it was not my choice. However it was not without pain. There are also alot of things you give up with a c section. Call me I will explain.