Friday, September 16, 2011

Oh, What a Beautiful Morning!

I stepped outside to head to work this morning (Yes, I am working quite hard. No, really it's just dead around here.) and found the air to be cloudy and humid and full of potential for RAIN! It has not rained yet, but I am praying and hopeful. The weatherman says it has not rained in nearly 3 months here and we are desperate.

I dropped Noah off at Samantha's house this morning with his cool, new Thomas the Train backpack in tow! He was so excited about it. We went to Target yesterday and I held up the Thomas backpack side by side with an Elmo backpack and he immediately chose Thomas. It even has wheels, so he had fun pulling it around yesterday. We are taking Noah to Burnet next weekend to ride Thomas on the Austin Steam Train and I'm excited about that for him.


Here is Noah with his best bud Adam this morning. They are so cute. They always hug as soon as they see each other.

I am starting to purchase fall/winter clothes for Noah, collecting them in hopes that cooler temps will befall us soon! I am really missing WV right now. Shocking? I LOVED fall there. I loved having seasons, winter being the only exception. It is just so gorgeous there in fall.

That being said, it is a trade off. Sometimes you have to make concessions. And while we just lived through the hottest, driest summer on record in Austin, I still wouldn't trade it. I love it here. We love it here. We have a great church and are starting to get plugged in, finally. I am making some really neat friends. Jeremy loves his hospital, boss, and co-workers. Our friends from DFW, Ross & Kelly, and their newbie, Madison, are moving here soon so that Ross can work with Jeremy again. God is always good, but life is really good right now as well. I know the day will come when we are called to move on again, all in God's time, but for now, I am content, and pleading to stay put for a long time!

No comments: