Friday, April 23, 2010

One Year Old!





We have arrived at that point where we begin counting his life in years, rather than those first months, or weeks in utero. In a way, the first 12 months has gone by quickly but somehow the day of his birth seems ages ago to me. Perhaps it is because life has changed so much. Maybe it's because we get less sleep than we used to. I do know that the last 6 months has gone much faster than the first 6 months did. :)

Stats from the 12 month checkup on April 13, 2010:

Weight: 19 pounds, 5 ounces (5%)

Length: 29 inches (25%)

Head: 45 centimeters (10%)


So, he's just a little peanut! Jeremy thinks we need to give him Instant Breakfast to pack the weight on, like his cousin Mallory gets. Dr. Ryan assured me that Noah is fine and does not need to add any width to his height. He also said that Jeremy might need to get used to the idea of having a safety or kicker in the family, not a linebacker! Fine with Mommy. :)


Up until the last few weeks, Noah has always been a good eater, but lately he has been asserting his independence by choosing not to eat things he normally likes. He usually will not turn down fruit or bread, however. On his birthday, he had his first taste of whole milk and, so far, is not crazy about it. He still refuses any sippy cup that does not have a soft spout and we are still using bottles some. Noah can stand for a few seconds at a time without holding on and is beginning to cruise the furniture a bit. He says "dee dee!" for dog and I think sometimes for bye-bye. He waves bye-bye at cars driving by or people he sees. He loves to be outside.

Noah, you have taught us, challenged us, shaped us, and grown us. And I know you will continue to do so. I love you in a way that is unique from the way I have ever loved or will love anyone else. It is the kind of love that would send a person running into a burning building, knowing they would never reach you in time, but would go anyway. You are beautiful, spirited, energetic, sweet, charming, determined, strong, and loving. Every night before bed I pray with you that you will sleep well, be healthy, and that you will follow God always. I know He has big plans for you. I love you. Mommy.

Noah, you have meant a lot to both of us during your first year. After all of the wakening hours, being peed and pooped on, spit ups and all else that comes with parenthood - it has been worth it all to see you smile and laugh. I love it when you smile with all that you have and laugh from deep down. You have such a great spirit about you and everyone notices it. You have been so patient with us as we have moved from Texas to West Virginia and all of the traveling. I remember the first time you laughed while we were giving you a bath in Texas and I still think about how happy you were to be on the sled in the snow. I look forward to more smiling and laughing with you because you make me feel so good when you do. I love you very much and want for you more than I want for myself. Daddy.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Thanks for the mid-afternoon tears! So sweet, he is one lucky guy to have you guys as parents!! Great job on a year well done :) hehe!