Monday, April 26, 2010

Feliz Cumpleanos Primero en Tejas

Whew! I did not take a single picture the whole weekend but luckily everyone else took a bunch for me! And they are a bear to upload so many on here. Gonna be a long one... :)



So we headed back to Texas to commemorate the momentous first anniversary of Noah's birth. This means two long days of travel. Here he is waiting for our first delayed flight out of Roanoke. Quite the happy camper. :)

Fun on the airplane.



We stayed with my cousin Allison and her family over the weekend. They have lots of space and are all set up for babies, of course, so it worked out just perfectly. The Chamblees were very sweet to have us! Jake even shared his swing for a few minutes. :)



It was fun being moms with Allison for the weekend, probably because we spent so much time playing "moms" while we were growing up together.


Here are the kiddos at breakfast. They got a little time to spend together, even though the Barclays rushed around from one stop to the next all weekend.





My aunt, Patti, was kind enough to host the big bash at her house. Noah drew the quite the crowd! There had to be at least 30 people there. Here is Allison with sweet Aubrey, my cousin Kent's daughter.


Laughing with Aunt Mandi.


Saying hello to Scott and Madison.


Noah's own personal cake.


The big cake with party favors for the kids.





Having a little lunch.



Noah and his adoring fans. The paparazzi were insane at this event.


This is absolutely my favorite face that he makes, and it only happens every once in a while. Someone was fortunate enough to catch it!

What? Do I have something on my face?


Noah was a bit puzzled by the masses singing a song to him.



I long to have a camera as good as Allison's...and her to teach me how to work it. :)




My dear friends, Carolee and Chris, and daughter Caroline, were so sweet to make a trip in from West Texas and drop by the party. I had not seen Carolee literally since my wedding day, and burst into tears as soon as I laid eyes on her and the sweetest little girl ever. Hormones or something, right? ;)


Somehow, I don't have a picture of the Nutt's, but they are there, taking lots and lots of pictures for me! Here is one of many pics of Noah "opening presents." He hasn't quite got the hang of that yet, but that's ok. He got so many nice things!


We had dinner at Mandi's on Saturday night and got to see Mamaw and Papaw, Dominick and Sophia, and Jeremy's aunt and uncle, Brenda and Tony, who came in from Arkansas. They prepared some delightful Pei Wei dishes for us, which we have missed out here in the mountains. :)


Isn't the best picture of a grandmother and all of her grandchildren?


On Sunday, we had dinner at my brother's and Pop was able to join us too.


Enjoying Mimi's cooking.

We had such a great time back home in Texas! The visit was way too short and exhausting, but worth every bit of it. I have been missing it ever since. Jeremy and I remarked at how easily you take having everything you could possibly want, and a plethera to choose from, for granted when you live in Dallas!

Thank you to everyone who traveled far, helped us out, and worked so hard to pull everything together and make Noah's first birthday so special! We love and miss you all!

2 comments:

Alli said...

It was so fun to have you! Love you!

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday to your little man! Love the cakes--so cute!