Thursday, February 11, 2010

I Was Awarded


Lo and behold, I was making the rounds through my favorite blogs today, and found this lovely award from not one, but TWO of my dear blogger pals, Alli and T-Flo. :) You are supposed to write 7 things about yourself. One of my friends had 7 little known facts and the other just had general things, so I'll go with a combo of the two maybe. Here goes.

1. My darling husband and I met, became engaged 6 months later, and married after only 11 months of knowing one another. We met on e-harmony. I knew he was the one after I learned that we shared the same birthday and he was exactly 3 years older than me. My parents share the same birthday and my dad is exactly 3 years older than my mom. Jeremy is the lid to my pot. And the black on my kettle. Or something like that.

2. My beautiful son Noah's middle name is Timothy. We debated for most of my pregnancy about the middle name because I just couldn't settle on anything and decided at the last minute that he should be named after my dad. It just felt like what I was supposed to do. And there is no more honorable man in the world. His first name is Noah because that is what God told me his name would be, back before I met Jeremy. We really have much less control over destiny than we imagine. :)

3. I have a heavenly Father who is infinitely huge, eternal, gracious, loving, and glorious. I miss The Village Church terribly. I'm afraid I have become a bit of a Calvinist in my spiritual ideology. How smart does that sound? :)

4. I have been abundantly blessed and have made it my mission to bless as many people as I can touch. I know there is purpose in God bringing us to "West-freakin' Virginia" as we fondly call it.

5. I got my bachelor's in social work at Hardin-Simmons University, the place where I found myself. (And also found my Soul Sista, Carolee. OMG, I miss you!) Then I immediately went and got my master's in social work at The University of Oklahoma (Boomer Sooner!) and fell into the world of foster care. That three years of social workin' the Okies nearly did me in. My most recent social work gig was as a casemanager to parenting teenagers in Lewisville ISD. I am not sure where or when social work might take me again. For now, I am enjoying my time at home with Noah and am very happy to be able to say that! Truth be told, I'd like to write a book. Easier said than done. Social Work Forever, Carolee!

6. I grew up in Paris, TX. Some people think that is a bad thing, including me at 18. Paris feels homey and comforting to me now when I visit. It's only bad if you don't get out, at least for a while. That place can be a black hole of sorts. My parents still live in the house they brought me home from the hospital to. There is something to be said for stability in a child's life and there is something to be said about fear of change. I have moved 11 times in the last 10 years, I believe. :)

7. My girls are the best! Once I have a close friend, I feel that our hearts are eternally bonded, despite where my moving van may take me. :) Even if I am horrible about calling people. (I, too, despise the phone, T.) There is Kristi, who has been my dear friend since diapers, literally! (If you are reading this, I'm sorry it's been so long! Call me!) Jessica, BFF since 4th grade! One of the few people who really gets me and tells me that it's okay anyway! And I am very blessed to have found Khristina and my other "Housewives of Greenbrier County" out here in WV.

OK, I am passing this award to Sarah, Carolee, Stacie, Wendy, Kerry, Natalie, and Lisa! Go Girls!

2 comments:

Colored With Memories said...

me? wow, thanks! i'll see what i can come up with!

i enjoyed learning more about you!

kerry

Chris and Carolee said...

That so made me cry. I am so not worthy of a blog award, but I will do my best to post something. You know I love you! I also hate the phone and never seem to have time to sit down and call you. I am going to try and do better. I need to hear about this houswives group. Should I be looking forward to a reality show in the future. Miss you. Chris also said he misses you.