Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Bar-Nutts Do West Virginia

OK, I am finally getting around to posting about our visit from the Nutt's a month ago! Although, I'm pretty sure we didn't get all of the pictures somehow, stace. Definitely not all the ones from the slopes. Anywho, here is some of what we do have.

Ah, yes. Anytime we have guests, we make a trip out to the Greenbrier.
As my boy gets busier and busier, I think I am getting fewer of these loves, but he still gives some good ones!


The most exciting part! Our friend Paula came over with her ultrasound machine. Right in our living room, Brian and Stacie found out they are having a....

GIRL!!!!! We could not believe it! Brian is the only one who thought this baby was a girl. Rylie Sophia Nutt is due around the first of July and we cannot wait to meet her!


On Friday, we hit the slopes at Winterplace Ski Resort, only about an hour away. Actually, we hit the snowtubing slopes.

Taking a little break.


I know there were more pictures of Stacie and I out there. It ended up being a bit adventurous for me. Stacie and I were sitting on our tubes waiting for the boys to come down again (in the position above) and some woman came flying down her lane headed staight for me. I jumped off my tube at the last second and she crashed into it, sending my tub flying over the embankment that is very high and roped off only by the fence you see there in the picture. A kid crawled down and got my tube. This incident I laughed about. As we were leaving the tubing lanes, some guy barreled right into me and I went down, like a bowling pin, feet over head, head smacks on ground. Other than a headache (and my tailbone which still feels sore sometimes!) I escaped the snowtubing adventure in one piece. No one else had any difficulty. :)

We left our house at 7:00am on Saturday to take Brian & Stacie back to the airport in Roanoke only to discover that we had a snowstorm on our hands and the entire airport was shut down. Their flight was delayed until after 5:00pm Sunday, which meant a late night for them getting back to Tulsa. Jeremy and I planned to stay the night in roanoke anyway, and do a little shopping, however, the mall was closed too! We got hotel rooms and made the best of it!

All in all, we had a great time together! We tested out the hot tub (sure hurts when you get out!), Stacie caught up on her rest (Rylie really wears her out!) and everybody had fun with Noah of course. Can't wait to see them again this summer, when Miss Rylie makes her grand entrance into the Nutt House. Love you guys!

No comments: