Saturday, February 20, 2010

Deadly Icicles and Other Snowy Adventures

In honor of our sunshine and 40 degree temps this weekend, I feel I can post some of the winter fun we have witnessed recently. Everyone here says the amount of snow we have gotten this season is crazy and only happens once every 20 years. They also blame us for moving here and bringing the snow with us. Ha!

Here is what happens when you leave your truck parked by the road and the snow plow comes along. Can you see it? This happened weeks ago and they still haven't gotten it out.


I think the full-length icicles on this house are divine.


Here is a particularly deadly dagger hanging above our back door. The pic really doesn't do it justice. Jeremy insisted that these icicles were going to fall and maim someone, and proceeded outdoors to knock them down. My mop is now frozen on the roof of the house. Guess I won't have to use it until this summer, right?



I raise my glass to all the Texans who said I should just stay in my pajamas all day and enjoy the snow! You try doing that day after day and see how you handle the cabin fever! Nanny. Nanny. Boo. Boo!



No comments: