Thursday, January 14, 2010

Nine Months Old

Time flies! And it really seems to be flapping those wings quite a bit lately. Can you believe how big this little stinker is getting?

First time in his new duck bathtub! It's almost a big boy bath. He loves playing in the water and is just too cute.


Daddy thought Noah might need some Carolina Panthers gear, since Mimi bought him Sooner wear for Christmas.




Noah is not crawling yet, but now that we have some new carpet and an area rug for the living room, it should be no time at all. He is getting on all fours and rocking back and forth. He has just the two bottom front teeth but I'm sure others are soon to follow. Noah eats a lot of the foods we eat now. He is still quite the Mama's boy! He also started waving but doesn't seem to know exactly why you are supposed to wave. These days, Noah is addicted to Sesame Street songs. He loves any type of music but is absolutely glued to the monitor when we play Jason Mraz or Feist on Sesame Street. (Does anyone know who this Feist woman is in real life?) The best part is that the grownups can enjoy these songs too. :) Jeremy bought him an Elmo's Favorite Hits Countdown (something like that) and he also enjoys this unless they stop singing. He yells at them when they talk.

I completely stopped breastfeeding when we moved into the house, though I have been cutting back since we moved here. I have been mixing my reserves of breastmilk with formula and stretching it out. It has definitely simplified and made life more comfortable and though I occassionally feel a little sentimental about it, I am glad to be done. 9 months into this mom thing and I am still definitely "not granola!"

Noah weighed in at 17 pounds, 14 ounces at his 9-month checkup and was 28.5 inches long. We are moving on up to Cruisers size 3 now! He is growing right along. In fact, its time for me to start thinking about his first birthday, since it is less than 3 months away. I think we will go back to Texas so that we can celebrate with family, just not sure where I'm going to have the party. I'd like to do something sort of central, so that everyone doesn't have to drive super far. We will see. I also have to come up with a theme. It seems like he's not old enough to plan his first birthday party but it is literally just around the corner!

No comments: