Saturday, January 2, 2010

Merry Christmas 2009

The Barclays had a wonderful, crazy, white Christmas this year! In all my years in Texas, I'm not sure we ever had a true white Christmas. (Of course, we left this year and I think they got one in Dallas!) But Noah's first Christmas was covered by the remainders of the 20 inches of snow we got the week before.

My parents and brother braved the "Storm of the Century" to drive from Paris, TX to visit us for Christmas. It took them a little longer than anticipated but they arrived safely two days later and stayed with us December 20-24. Jeremy's parents flew up and stayed with us December 26-31. Having just moved into the new house, there was much to do and we worked everyone to death unpacking, cleaning, organizing, and baby-bouncing. :) More to come about the move-in later! It was so good to be with family again and we miss them dearly! Somehow I did not take enough pictures! I sadly did not get any of Noah with my family.

Noah had a great first Christmas and was blessed with many books and toys. Some of them are being put away until he gets tired of his current favorites. For his birthday, we will just request clothes. :) His favorite things seem to be the My Pal Scout dog, Busy Ball Popper, and Leap Frog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo. It's interesting to see what holds his attention and how accurate my predictions were in choosing what he would like!

Presents, presents, presents! We are very blessed!



My mom and I made a big Christmas dinner and Noah got to eat almost everything we made: turkey, sweet potato and apples, green beans, and cranberry sauce.

Happy boy.


Posing with Mamaw and Papaw in our snowy backyard.

Showing his Sooner pride.

Yes, he has been eating carrots. Hence the orange nose.

Playing patty cake with Mamaw. Jeremy's mom and I made a second Christmas dinner which turned out well and Noah enjoyed most of that one too :)


Christmas morning. I believe he's doing his Prancer impersonation.


"I know I'm on Santa's Nice List."


I pray that you all had a joyous Christmas and were as blessed as our family was this year! We wish that "The God of all hope fill you with all joy and peace..." in 2010!

2 comments:

Elle said...

Do you think you could put some dark red food coloring in those carrots, cause that orange nose with the Crimson and Cream...baby that just AIN'T right! ;) He gets more adorable everytime you post. I'm glad ya'll had a good Christmas. Ours was wonderful as well. We only got 14 inches of snow, rather than 20, but the drifts were in many cases over the cars. Several folks dies because their cars just disappeared into ditches and covered over. The wind just blew the snow sideways. We won't soon forget out white Christmas Blizzard! Well, Happy New Year Barclay's! I hope it is wonderful. ;)

Natalie said...

Prancer impersonation. :)