Monday, November 9, 2009

Homeless and Unemployed

The search for a new home continues....

The Barclays have visited pretty much every house in Lewisburg that is for sale within our price range. After expanding that range a bit, we found a place we loved: great neighborhood, easy access to work for Jeremy, plenty of space, nicely updated...

But the owners took it off the market after receiving our offer. (I believe they were so discouraged by Jeremy's lowball offer, which I repeatedly argued against, that they gave up on selling the place.) I suppose it's not meant to be, but this is what I HATE about trying to buy a house. Falling for a place and then not getting it. It happened more than once before we bought our last house. Then you end up buying something out of desperation, that isn't exactly what you want. Sigh. The fun part is getting to tour so many houses and point out all your likes and dislikes. Unfortunately, I have yet to see a place that is absolutely everything you want.

We are surviving the hotel pretty well, it just gets a little boring. We are blessed to have made some new friends who are sweet to help entertain and keep us busy! Every morning I go down to get a coffee (I have long since given up on the breakfast buffet) and to steal cartons of milk to re-stock my mini-fridge. I am putting all those lost pounds back on with the eating out for lunch and dinner everyday. :( Although we are considering joining a gym that has child care and yoga classes, so there is still hope for my waistline.

Being unemployed is not too bad. If I come across a part-time gig, I might just take it. I think I have found a new babysitter to watch Noah a couple of mornings a week and give me a break. My sanity needs it! Noah has been doing better with his naps, sometimes going for an hour and twenty minutes by himself, or even two and a half hours if I lie down with him. Still hit or miss though. Sometimes its only twenty minutes. :)

This has been the latest report from Camp Barclay. Over and out.

No comments: