Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!




Noah's first Thanksgiving! We celebrated our first holiday in West Virginia without any of our family and did pretty well for ourselves, I must say. The only tears occured because we ate way too much!


I spent the morning trying to feel the spirit of things by watching a little Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, much to Jeremy's chagrin. We also watched the dog show, and Noah enjoyed seeing all the puppies.


Our new friends, Paula and Colin, were kind enough to invite us over for dinner, and then completely spoiled us with the best meal ever! We had turkey, green beans and mashed potatoes from their garden, and homemade bread. I made my favorite sweet potato casserole, and a pumpkin pie for the first time. Of course, I burned both of them, but just a little. Different cooking temps and all. :) We also brought a can of the traditional cranberry sauce that I must have. Noah enjoyed a little pumpkin from the can, sweet potatoes, green beans, and mashed potatoes! For dessert, I ever gave him a taste of my pumpkin pie! We had a great time.

I'm in a little bit of mourning today for Black Friday. It is, after all, my third favorite holiday. Since we are limited to Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and Lowe's here in Lewisburg, and because there is no way I'll wake Noah up at 4am, we skipped the crazy shopping this year.


Now that we have lived in our home sweet hotel for one month, I am becoming increasingly anxious to move into our house. We can hardly wait!

2 comments:

Elle said...

I love the picture. Such a cute family. ;) I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. You all are such sweet,interesting people you have no trouble making new friends and fitting in in a new place. Noah is growing so fast. I can't get over how "long" he looks with Jeremy holding him in the pic! We skipped Black Friday too, didn't even do any online shopping. No money and besides we just already have everything we could ever want! ;)

Colored With Memories said...

sweet picture!

i'm sure you are VERY ready to get settled in your new home!

enjoyed reading about your carnegie hall experience!