Monday, August 3, 2009

29 and 32

Happy Birthday to us! What a great weekend we've had! I'll even have to split this into 2 posts.
We started off Saturday, the 1st, with celebrating Mamaw's birthday (Jeremy's mom). We met up with Dominick and Sophia so Noah could have his picture made with them and ended up with some family shots as well. And the kids were all really good! I'll have to post those next week after I pick them up. Then we had lunch and birthday cake at our house.

Next, Jeremy & I took off on a little "birthdaycation" while Mamaw and Papaw spent the night with Noah! And he did GREAT for them! (I'll have to update the sleep progress later but things have definitely improved. :)

Anyway, his mommy and daddy headed for downtown Dallas and had dinner at Cuba Libre with Jeremy's sister and our friends Kelly and Ross. It was awesome! I ate so much. Plantains and black bean dip for appetizers, grilled mahi mahi with mango, roasted veggies, and rice, and of course some kind of ice cream dessert with fruit. And a blackberry mojito, which was very tasty! :)


Then we spent the night at the Adolphus Hotel, where Kelly and I briefly crashed a glamourous wedding reception. I'm pretty sure I'll be appearing in the wedding video. Oops. I slept great until the wee hours of the morning where I started waking up every 30 minutes. By the time we got up, I was ready to get home and see my baby! When asked what it felt like to be away, I said it was strange, sort of like we rewound the clock a few months and had our former life back. And I thought about Noah and wondered how he was doing and missed him the whole time! And he really didn't seem to notice that we were even gone...hmmm. He was in great hands and we so appreciate Mamaw and Papaw giving us a night off and time together.


A is for Amy...or Adolphus, whatever.


Here's to Tim and Ashley, may they have a long and happy life together...please don't tell them we were at their reception. Kelly and I could not get over the size of this flower arrangement. The picture does not do it justice.


I cannot believe I am 29 years old. Where did the 20s go? It's my last year of this decade. Life got really good around my 26th birthday so I will be sad to see them go next year. :) Turning 30 means you're really.... a grown up.
More to come....

1 comment:

Colored With Memories said...

this post cracked me up!

and we so need a cuba libre here!