Tuesday, June 2, 2009

"I Thought I Loved You Then"


Jeremy and I have been married two years today! I am smacking my lips over the coconut anniversary cake that his mom made for us :)


Well, I have to say that our first two years have been a bit of a whirlwind. Actually, it's only been just under three years since we met, so life has been fast-paced since that time. Since we married on June 2, 2007, we moved into our first apartment together, honeymooned in Tortola (British Virgin Islands), bought our first house, Jeremy was promoted at work, I changed jobs twice, went on two cruises, got pregnant, and brought our almost two-month-old son into the world! We don't waste any time! And I'm not sure where the time went. Our wedding day seems like so long ago and just yesterday at the same time.
Since the official gift for the two year anniversary is cotton, what better gift to each other than a new set of king-sized 1000 thread count sheets! ;)


I named this blog after the latest Brad Paisley "babymaker" (my name for very romantic songs). The song talks about how he thought he loved his wife at each stage of their relationship but with every milestone, he realized he loved her even more than he thought possible. Exactly how I feel. Love mixed with commitment evolves into something so amazing. I miss him when he's gone. And I still get butterflies sometimes when I look at him. I could not be more blessed and I know we are exactly as God designed.
Picture by Newsom's Photography...back in the day when she did weddings :)


4 comments:

Chris and Carolee said...

Happy #2 . I am so happy for you both and happy that I got spend your wedding day with you. It was a beautiful wedding and I am still so happy that you guys found each other.

Alli said...

Congratulations! Love you both!

Colored With Memories said...

happy anniversary! love that pic...gorgeous! it truly has been a whirlwind...congrats on everything.

The Nutt House said...

Happy Anniversary! I cant believe it came that fast after just seeing you the weekend prior. So happy belated anniversary. An a big fat OMG on the 1000 thread count sheets. What an awesome idea!!! and I'm so jealous! The Nutts