Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Help Wanted


Let's celebrate!! Miraculously, Noah slept from about 9:00 last night until 5:00 this morning! Then he went back to sleep from 5:30 to 8:00! I can hardly believe it and desperately hope it was not just a fluke. We have been working on his bedtime routine to help readjust that internal clock, and hopefully we're on the right track!


I am writing because I am starting to feel a bit anxious. In just 2 months, I go back to work part-time. I have no clue who is going to provide child care for us. I am certain that God has it taken care of and that he foreknew (fancy wording, huh?) his plans for this. I emailed every mom I know in the area to see if anyone had suggestions and nobody answered. I am pretty much opposed to day care centers at this age, so I'm hoping for a stay-at-home mom who would have some attention to share with him. I'm also a little sad because I'm working so hard to move him towards his own little schedule, which will probably change completely as soon as he is settled into it. I know I needn't worry about it but still...

3 comments:

Chris and Carolee said...

Here is an idea. Check with your church's Nursery director to see if she knows anyone. Usually they are the people who know which mommys stay home or who else loves children and might be looking to keep one. Alot of times churchs also hire ladies to work the nursery on Sundays and these ladies might be looking for another job oppertunity. Just an idea. I will be praying for just the right person to come along.

Alli said...

I wish I lived closer to you guys! I don't know how to help, but I'll be praying about it. Love you!

Jon Wendy and Madison said...

I know you say you are opposed to day care at that age but I can tell you of two that I highly recommend. Madison has been in both of them and I have seen the babies areas and have spoken to mom's coming and going into those areas. The ones I would recommend is Primrose Schools and Cambridge Acedemy. Primrose Schools are national and they have very high expectations from their franchisee's and the employees their franchisee's hire. Now that I think about it...there are only 2 Cambridge Acedemy's the one Madison is in now near us and across from Prestonwood Baptist Church..so I guess Cambridge wouldn't work but I think there is a Primrose School over there in Flower Mound.