Saturday, November 17, 2012

Trash to Treasures

After what seemed like forever, my refinishing projects are finally complete!  And I really can't take credit, since my dad did most of the work in one weekend. ;)

This is an old stool I inherited from my great-aunt Dopey (Addie).   I logged many hours  playing on this stool as a kid, and am now so glad to have this solid wood momento that comes in handy everyday in my kitchen.

Magazine rack I picked up after driving past a garage sale.  I thought it would be a great solution to the stack of bedtime stories piling up in Noah's room.

Picked this up at the same garage sale, envisioning it being a great solution to store extra books in the playroom.
 The finished products!



Dopey would have insisted it was gorgeous just the way it was ;), but I am very pleased with my kitchen-complimenting new piece.


Thanks, Dad! I love them all.  Can't wait to get Noah's new big boy room finished up so I can post pics of that too.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

ALL of the pieces look beautiful! Nice job! I think I have a few projects for you! ;)