Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Friends in Low Places

The weekend of September 19, I had the privilege of meeting up with two of my college roommates, and favorite women of all time :), for a nice girls' weekend in Fredericksburg, TX.

Going in to this weekend, we all were aware that Carolee was about 18 weeks pregnant, but I surprised them with the news that I was 8 weeks pregnant myself.  Melia couldn't believe that we had "punked" her into spending the weekend in Fredericksburg with two pregos...and nobody to drink wine with her. ;)

I took my camera and never used it, so you'll just have to enjoy pics from my phone.

When you have a girls weekend, it is perfectly acceptable for your friends to do your hair.

Some cabinetry made from antique glass by a lovely old gentleman in Kerrville.  I want some.

We ended up in town for Trade Days, in addition to the normal shopping experience.  So we shopped til we dropped.








And we ate.  A lot.

Wood fired pizza.  A little ash never hurt anyone.

Not me, apparently.

Oh yes, we did. Deep fried Oreos.

She'll hate me for this, but come on.  Root beer and a pickle.





I love these ladies.  Can't wait to do it again.  Props to our awesome husbands for the weekend of Dad Duty.  And, if you've never been to Fredericksburg, it's a must!  I'll even say that Carolee and I did pretty well dragging ourselves about, fatigue and nausea and all!

No comments: