Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sick Puppies

Noah woke up in the wee hours of Monday morning with his first stomach bug. (First one to cause the vomit comet at least.) I know that we are lucky to have made it this far without him catching one. And if you know me very well, you know of my very great fear of stomach viruses. And it was pretty mild, as far as these things go. He threw up a few times and then it was like nothing ever happened. How do little ones do that? He was smiling and attempting to play in between dry heaves, like he didn't feel bad at all.

Then I woke up with it very early Wednesday morning. Jeremy couldn't stay home, so fortunately Noah was able to go to the baby-sitter's house and give me a break. Top the bug with allergies and a little chest congestion, and I was barely able to drag myself to the living room to watch TV, much less chase after the busy, up-to-no-good Noah all day.

Noah has been going to bed by 7:00 almost every night since we got back from the beach. It's the only way he can actually get a good night's sleep, however inconvenient it may be. He still wakes up around 6:00am and takes short naps, or no naps at all, if he's somewhere other than his bed at home. But he does that no matter what time he went to bed the night before. My hope is that once he gets over being "overtired" I'll be able to readjust bedtime and he'll sleep later and nap longer. Right. Also considering hiring a sleep consultant, or just going to Wal-Mart to pick up some more pacifiers. We have some plans this summer that I'd like him to be able to handle without going to bed immediately after dinner, but we'll see.

So excited for this weekend! Jeremy's parents are coming in for the holiday weekend and one of the nights, Jeremy and I are planning to celebrate our upcoming anniversary with an overnight date in downtown Austin. We still haven't really experienced much of that area of the city. I'm excited for the break and for all of us to be germ-free , well-rested, and feelin good for a while!

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments: