Thursday, May 28, 2009
Monday, May 25, 2009
Monday, May 18, 2009
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Monday, May 11, 2009
Well, yesterday. Noah had his one month pediatrician appointment today and is doing great. He is up to 8 pounds, 11 ounces, and 20 inches. I can't believe he has gained more than 2 pounds since his birth...you know, just the other day! He also got his second Hep B vaccine and I think I cried more than he did. And apparently all the spit up is okay since he is gaining weight so nicely.
Some things I want to remember about Noah's first month:
- Sleep deprivation. My sister-in-law joked that there is a reason the CIA uses this as torture.
- How happy and alert he is in the mornings after his first feeding. I suppose I should say his approximately 9:00 am feeding. :) He is even happy about being changed and loves it when you talk to him.
- The way he nuzzles his little head into my neck when I lay him up on my chest.
- Sometimes the third time is a charm. Like the 3rd clean diaper at 4:00 am after he has pooped and peed on the first two attempts.
- Little smiles. Especially the half-smiles that make him look just a little smart-alecky.
- The way he purses his lips that I have yet to capture in a photo.
Some recent cute photos:
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Here are Noah's newborn portraits. I was bummed that the photographer never got to come because of all the cloudy days, so we just took him in to a studio instead.