Monday, May 11, 2009

One Month Old!

Well, yesterday. Noah had his one month pediatrician appointment today and is doing great. He is up to 8 pounds, 11 ounces, and 20 inches. I can't believe he has gained more than 2 pounds since his birth...you know, just the other day! He also got his second Hep B vaccine and I think I cried more than he did. And apparently all the spit up is okay since he is gaining weight so nicely.

Some things I want to remember about Noah's first month:

  • Sleep deprivation. My sister-in-law joked that there is a reason the CIA uses this as torture.
  • How happy and alert he is in the mornings after his first feeding. I suppose I should say his approximately 9:00 am feeding. :) He is even happy about being changed and loves it when you talk to him.
  • The way he nuzzles his little head into my neck when I lay him up on my chest.
  • Sometimes the third time is a charm. Like the 3rd clean diaper at 4:00 am after he has pooped and peed on the first two attempts.
  • Little smiles. Especially the half-smiles that make him look just a little smart-alecky.
  • The way he purses his lips that I have yet to capture in a photo.

Some recent cute photos:






My friend Leslie fixed this one up so cute!






5 comments:

Tina said...

can you beleive how fast a month went by?? he is so adorable!! sounds like you are adjusting to mommy-hood nicely...welcome to the club! :)

Colored With Memories said...

happy one month! and happy mother's day!!!

it sounds like you will be set up nicely as jeremy tops each previous year's doings!!

does me bringing dinner over tomorrow still work for you guys? i was thinking of dropping it off between 12-12:30. thanks!

Natalie said...

crazy that he's a month old already! he's too cute!

Alli said...

Such a cutie!

Brooke said...

Treasure this time Amy! I'm sure as you've noticed over this last month, the time really does fly by... Take all the midnight cuddles you can get!