Sunday, February 22, 2009

32 Weeks



And going strong!

At my 32 week appointment I measured exactly 32 centimeters and had gained about 4 pounds in 3 weeks. Strong heartbeat and everything looks good. We talked for quite a while about c-sections vs. vaginal deliveries and scheduled the delivery for April 10, provided I don't chicken out! The interesting thing was that there are actually fewer "risks" to an infant during a c-section than during vaginal deliveries.


My old friend Michelle and her husband Jim Bob came over for dinner Friday night. Michelle and I finally got back in touch and discovered that we are due just 10 days apart! However, since she is having twins (and some complications) she will be delivering at 36 weeks. You know, since spending some time together, I feel much smaller and more comfortable. I really have it pretty easy. :) And I am really excited that Noah will have more friends so close in age to play with. (Although he may think all friends come in sets of two!) Emma and Eli, we can't wait to meet you!



Then, on Saturday, we had the first baby shower at our house, hosted by our friend Kelly. It was fun, beautiful, and I was impressed that so many local folks were able to come. A lot of my girlfriends just live too far :( Big kudos to Kelly for an awesome party! Noah got a ton of cute little onesies! Clothing was the most popular gift for sure. Jeremy's parents gave us the ever-popular Boppy and slipcover. And my niece Madison's mom is making my blog into a Creative Memories digital scrapbook for us! It was my plan for documenting the pregnancy but everyone knows how I am about keeping up with that kind of stuff! And I am always especially thankful for those "practical" gifts that I recognize are less fun to buy. :)
This cake was beautiful and sooo yummy!

Eat your heart out chocolate-covered strawberries!

My mom made this quilt. It is beautiful and I was quite surprised she made it considering I have to twist her arm to get her to hem a pair of pants!

Much love and gratitude to everyone!

2 comments:

Tina said...

that is so sweet to get a CM book of your blog :) i love gifts from the heart...everything looks amazing and Noah's birthdate sounds like a good number :-) I know that's weird...but 4/10 sounds nice and easy. Best of luck with the rest of the pregnancy, have fun!!

Alli said...

I can't believe you're already 32 weeks! You look great - see you soon!