Sunday, February 8, 2009

30 Weeks

We are three-quarters of the way there! Whoo-hoo! Honestly though, another 9 or 10 weeks sounds like forever. Here are the belly shots. They are not great pics but you can tell how much I've blossomed lately. Literally, it seems like my stomach just popped in the last couple of weeks!One gentleman was even kind enough to ask me if I was smuggling basketballs. Haha, right? I actually didn't mind! I really am all belly, as another friend put it. The rest of me hasn't changed too drastically and from behind, I don't really look pregnant.

Yes, I went brunette. (My mother noticed that, and probably sighed, before she noticed anything else :) I am doing this with the intention of staying away from hair color completely for a while to save some money. We'll see if I am able to stick to it.


To keep myself occupied, we got started on the nursery this weekend! I have been on a mission the last few days to get things taken care of. (Like getting the car maintenance taken care of, cleaning out junk, etc.) Then we had this lovely 75 degree weekend in February and I thought we should jump on the chance to paint while we could leave the windows open.







I had never realized how depressing the room was painted all gray, which was what the previous owners left us with. Now it is kind of like being under the ocean. Much more cheerful. We just have to do a little touch up to the paint and put up a white chair rail. Sorry the pics are hard to see much of the effect; it is such a small room, making photographing it a little hard.


Other stuff to update. At my last doctor's appointment I was measuring 28 at 29 weeks, which is fine because it can depend on the baby's position. I had only gained one pound in two weeks, probably due to the fun little stomach virus that visited me. Well, Noah thought it was fun at least. Or maybe he just wanted out! He kicked the heck out of me all day. (Jeremy does an imitation of what Noah was doing that night and it's pretty funny.) I was worried that it might hurt him somehow but the doctor said he was safe from catching the bug and probably just reacting to all the gurgling on my insides. Lovely thoughts. Thankfully, the fever stayed low. And that's how I spent my not-an-ice day last Tuesday and the real ice day on Wednesday. The next doctor's appointment is February 20.


Noah has also developed the ability to push out random body parts. They usually come out my sides but occasionally he attempts to push straight out forward, which is even more unsettling. So every now and then, I let out a little yelp and try to push him back, causing people to give me funny looks. :)


I am now working two nights a week with the new night school program, which has been interesting, or not, depending on how you look at it. But they are paying me well and it's just for this month!

I think that's about it. Have a great week!

2 comments:

Alli said...

Love the paint colors & the brown hair!

Chris and Carolee said...

You look great. I like your hair too. I love the room and can't wait to see pictuers of it finished. It looks like Caroline's room except we did two tones of pick.