Monday, January 19, 2009

Weekend Review

The long MLK weekend was great and I am sorry to see it end!


Friday night, Jeremy's parents stayed the night with us. They took us out to dinner (awesome little wood-fired pizza place here in Flower Mound) and brought the truck so we could pick up the baby furniture that was delivered to the local JC Penney's. I cannot wait to get the painting done so we can put it all together!

On Saturday morning, the three of them all participated in a local 5K. It was Terry and Debbie's very first race and I hear they did very well. Prego did not brave the 5K this time. :) Oh, and Adaiah had her first 5K too. Here she is wearing the bandana she was given for participating:




Isn't she charming?

Then after the race, Jeremy and his dad finished hanging the new living room ceiling fan, which is a drastic improvement over the old one! Ah, our parents, where would we be without their help??

The rest of the weekend was great, for me anyway, because I got to work on our honeymoon photobook on Shutterfly! (If anyone is interested, Shutterfly is doing free 8x8 photobooks right now. I think it expires January 26 and all you have to do is enter the code MYFREEBOOK.) I finally finished cropping and choosing photos and now have the first 15 pages finished!

I got the call from my OB's office today and I don't have diabetes, which is fantastic!

Enjoy the short Inaugural week!

2 comments:

Colored With Memories said...

can't wait to see the baby furniture.

also, thanks for the shutterfly tip!

Elle said...

Adiah looks adorable. She's so proud of her bandana! ;) Whinny is gonna do the 5k with us at the heart walk and we'll see how she does and then decide if she gets to do diabetes walk, etc. She will probly get carried at least halfway, which is fine, since she weighs 4 pounds, and has significantly shorter legs than Adiah!!! Mason ended up on Dad
shoulders lasttime too. Of course we are 5K walkers, not runners. Anyhoo, woohoo on the baby furniture! Can't wait for the pics. Now you have a whole new appreciation for all my whining about not having parents or a support system huh?!?! It would be a huge help if either of us had parents, not to mention the value of their wisdom and friendship. Cherish that....I know you do. Well, pat Noah's little bum for us, and take care of his mommy. ;)Thanks for keeping us all updated. Blogs are so much fun. I should really write something on mine...kinda boring all blank! Ok, not sure if this is a comment or a book, but have a great week!!! ;)