Sunday, January 11, 2009

26 Weeks





Lots to yak about on this blog!


What's going on with the pregnancy itself? Well, my belly button is almost gone. And there's the terrible back pain that incapacitates me some evenings. My chiropractor says that I have a small curve in my spine that should not be there (thanks to Grandma and her scoliosis). So the normal back problems created by a growing belly that throws you off center anyway, are being even more aggravated by that. My belly looks "petite" as some people have said but it seems ginormous to me. I can't imagine what the next 3 months are going to do to it!



Jeremy successfully gained 12 pounds between his marathon on December 14 and the end of the year and wanted to get in on the belly pics too.



Noah is staying pretty active, although he has some days where he seems to be feeling more acrobatic than others. One morning we were laying in bed and decided to try listening for his heartbeat, since you are supposed to be able to do that now. Jeremy pressed his ear to my belly and wasn't able to hear anything but did get a few swift kicks in the head. (Noah, this is the only time in your life when I believe your father will allow such behavior.) Also, I purchased the Dr. Suess "in utero" book for Noah. His daddy read Oh Baby, The Places You'll Go to him for his very first reading last night. I've never heard him read so much at once!

Strollers, car seats, bouncers, exersaucers, jumpers, and swings...oh my! My cousin Allison helped me get started on my registry at Babies R Us this week. And Jake and Mallory made great helpers...or at least cooperative and patient observers. Then I started one at Target where I made my first major mom purchase: yes, folks, I bought a breast pump. I got a $350 pump on clearance for $150! This model came highly recommended by Allison, who was also amazed by my bargain buy. All the stuff needed for a baby is a bit overwhelming. I think we got the car seat narrowed down but I am still stumped by the exersaucer and swing situation. However, registering for stuff is such a blast! I can't wait to buy clothes for him.

I have realized how terrible I am with documenting our important photos and such. I really intended to love scrapbooking but am too overwhelmed by it. I still have not done anything with our honeymoon or vacation pictures. As in, they are stored safely in the computer, never printed. The least I could do is stick them in a photo album right? I have resolved to make photo books out of everything before Noah gets here. Ambitious I know. I need quick and easy. Any ideas? So far, I like Shutterfly the best. They have ready-to-go digital scrapbooks.

Thanks to everyone for voting on middle names! I only wish we could see who voted and what they voted for.

3 comments:

Colored With Memories said...

i love that jeremy is reading to him...funny pic of him too....

yay for getting registered! that is a task.

i've played around with several of the photo sites including wolf photo, kodak, snapfish and shutterfly. shutterfly is BY FAR the easiest site to work with! in my opinion of course!

Chris and Carolee said...

You look so cute.
I think that Jeremy might be having twins. Kidding! It was so good to talk to you the other day. Let me know when your shower is going to be.

Jon Wendy and Madison said...

Ok...has anyone thought about Creative Memories? I am a Creative Memories Consultant and Creative Memories invests in doing the research to make sure the books will be around for generations to come. All the others do not make any such claims or guarantees.

If you are interested in taking a peek at what Creative Memories does, please check out my Consultant web site (http://www.mycmsite.com/sites/wendylawton) all of my contact informaiton is there is you want to compare or discuss.