Thursday, January 22, 2009

28 Weeks



Dum da da dum...it's the third trimester!

Baby shower plans are in full swing. My friend Kelly is planning to host one on February 21st, Jeremy's co-workers are planning a shower for hospital staff on March 6, and Jeremy's mother is planning a shower for family members on March 7. Come one, come all! I am very excited. The week of March 16 is Spring Break for me and I plan to go into full nesting mode that week.

I don't think I've broached the subject of my weight since beginning this. I noticed the other day that my favorite maternity jeans are getting pretty snug, and not in the belly area, since they are the low-banded kind. I thought these clothes are supposed to fit all the way up to the delivery date and thinking about going back for larger sizes is not a happy thought. Jeremy kindly pointed out that my belly is supposed to keep getting bigger. And I said yes, but I was hoping the butt and thighs would not. He informed me that I just need a sturdy base to support the belly. :)

At any rate, I am currently up about 20 pounds. Babycenter.com says that I should gain roughly 28 to 40 pounds (based on my height and pre-pregnancy weight), with an average being about 34 pounds. My goal has always been not to go over 30, so we'll see.

In other news, it looks like I will be going to work full-time until March 3, filling in for another part-time social worker in the district. However, it will be working with the new night school program, probably 2 nights a week, so we'll see how tiring this might be. But it is a bit of a relief to take off some of the financial pressures from new baby and being out on unpaid maternity leave.

Today, January 25, is my parents' 40th wedding anniversary! Happy Anniversary to Noah's Mimi and Papa! Jeremy and I are very blessed to have parents that are still married to one another, which is becoming less than normal in this day and age. I am thankful to have watched my parents and grandparents (Pop & Nanna) live out the vow of commitment they made before God so many years ago. Wow, Pop & Nan have been married almost 65 years I think! There isn't much greater a commitment than taking care of someone day in and day out, who at times doesn't remember who you are and is frequently mad at you.

Exciting things to come in the weeks ahead! I am counting down until February 3 when we get to see our baby again!


2 comments:

Colored With Memories said...

you're doing great...and happy anniversary to the parents.

stop by when you get a chance...i passed a blog award on to you today...

kerry

Alli said...

Unfortunately, maternity clothes just don't last the whole way through. Jeremy is actually right - you have lots of belly to carry around, so it needs some support. You look great!