Monday, January 23, 2012

Ringing in 2012!

For New Year's this year, we cowboyed up and headed to an early, family-friendly holiday party, hosted by a co-worker of Jeremy's. Jeremy was especially excited to use his gift cards at Allen's Boots, a famous Austin store. Also, happens to be the place where we bought some boots for Noah last summer, so the boys got all dressed up together. (You may notice Jeremy's vampire-like eyes, leftover from his Lasik procedure on the 28th.)

And here is Noah's first picture taking experience. Daddy helped him capture a fabulous shot of Mommy. What you cannot see here is that I am wearing my boots too. :)



When I thought of all the things I need to resolve to do in 2012, I came up with an insurmountable list. (You know, be a better mom, be a better wife, book my blog, become excessively physically fit, blah, blah, etc.) I decided that most simply, and definitely most needed, is focusing more on my time with God, and everything else should improve along with that. Well, I don't know about the book part....So, my not-a-resolution this year is spending time in His Word as daily as possible, which will be quite an improvement. My hope and prayer is to need it, in the same way that I need food and water. Like oxygen. And to love and crave it.


What's your 2012 "not-a-resolution?" :)

1 comment:

Susan said...

My 2012 not-a-resolution is to wait until Lent for my "improvements"! I am more likely to keep a promise to God than to myself. :)