Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Operation Bye-Bye Paci

Here's what has been up around here lately. I have been avoiding the blog like crazy since I have an overwhelming amount to get posted! Yes, I need to post about our cruise, but there's only around 1100 pictures to wade through, so I've been putting it off.

Things have gotten a little busier for me with work the past 2 weeks (really starting to love the job!). I was supposed to work 3 days this week but tomorrow has been derailed by a little man and this run of diarrhea he has been having since at least Saturday.

Also, we have been intending to eliminate the use of the pacifier for some time now but the timing kept not working out. Saturday, Jeremy said, "We need to git 'er done" and so we snipped the tips off his paci's. (We restricted paci use to bedtime long ago.) This produced much anger and screaming in our son. He would not use them. He kept throwing them out and screaming. Since then, we have less screaming but lots of waking up too early. Naps have mostly been too short, it takes him longer to fall asleep, and he has been waking up between 5:30 and 6:30 every morning instead of the 8:00 hour we had been achieving prior to Operation Bye-Bye Paci. Help! My hope is that either this has something to do with the upset tummy or that he will learn to sleep well again very soon. Anyone else have this trouble? I know it must be hard since we have been pushing a paci at him since he was about 4 months old to try and help him soothe himself back to sleep. I guesswe have to start over with sleep training again!

Anyway, that is all that is new with us, I believe. Just praying that after putting the paci's in the trash with him today, they will soon be erased from memory!

1 comment:

Alli said...

Sorry he's having a hard time! My guess is that he'll settle back into his routine pretty soon. Jake & Mal usually take a week or two to adjust to something new. You can do it!

The word I have to enter below for verification is "cries." Ha!