Saturday, April 16, 2011

2 Years Old!

How can it be? On April 10th, our delightful boy turned 2 years old. Now we have to count him in years. It's so hard to figure out where the time goes. I guess you just go to bed one too many times and they change on you. I have been snuggling him at bedtime, trying to squeeze him hard enough to keep him little.


These days Noah is boisterous, busy, energetic, enthusiastic, loving, affectionate, determined, friendly, always on the move, and needs constant activity. Not much has changed with his adjectives over the last year. He still loves most any fruit, hates most any vegetable, and has become quite the picky eater. He loves Elmo, Baby Einstein, tractors, and stars. He is definitely an outdoorsman and thoroughly enjoys going to play at the park.


Yesterday, Noah had his 2 year checkup. Here are the stats.


Weight: 26lbs, 13.5 oz (50%)

Height: 34.5 inches (55%)


They also measured his head but did not write that down for me. His BMI was 30%.


Everything is fine except for his speech. He has around 35 words, when he should have 50. A stranger is supposed to be able to understand 50% of what he says, and I feel this is probably not the case. Dr. Sperling gave us an ECI referral to have him evaluated for speech therapy, which I will call to schedule on Monday. I'm excited about that because Noah's baby-sitter's son also has used these services and is doing very well. I'm not upset about this because I know that Noah is smart, I just feel guilty because I am a poor teacher. Noah did great on the autism checklist, something that must be in the back of every parent's mind these days.


Here are his recent portraits. I included some of the bloopers because they are funny and show a little bit of what our session was like. :)









And here is our sweet Easter baby, on his DOB 2 years ago.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday, Noah!!