Friday, November 26, 2010

New York, New York! [Day 1]

What can I say? I am hooked. I love New York. I heart NYC. I have wanted to visit since I was a child so I guess you could say I waited 30 years for this vacation. It was awesome. You really can't grasp what it's like until you've been there, no matter how many books you read or movies you watch. It was worth every penny. I have to give props to the hubs cause I never could have navigated this one by myself. He's savvy like that. ;) I also have to thank my in-laws for taking great care of Noah while we were gone. At first, I was anxious about leaving him (longest time since he was born) and missed the little guy. Funny how I can be so excited about a break and then immediately start missing him! But then we were busy and having fun, so I was really able to enjoy the time away!

We took a direct Delta flight from Lewisburg to JFK on Saturday, November 20, arriving just before 5:00pm. Here are two kids totally pumped about arriving in NYC. I was so excited to be traveling childless that I actually dressed up and curled my hair, and insisted on reading and listening to my Ipod, just because I could for once.


Waiting in line to get our cab to the hotel. My first cab ride! Loved it.
After checking in at the Holiday Inn Express Times Square (39th St between 8th and 9th), we headed out for Times Square, which was 3 blocks away. Great location.



We had dinner at a brewery and worked our way through the crowds and explored a bit. Here is the ferris wheel inside Toys R Us.

I would not want to be here on New Year's. No way.

Isn't he funny?

Somewhere, somehow, there are very rich Barclays in the world. Just not the ones pictured here.
Next, we headed back to the hotel and crashed. We still have a bedtime, regardless of vacations. :) This concludes Day 1. I have to split this trip up into several posts because it's going to take me quite a while to get it all done!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

How fun! I've always wanted to go to NYC. Maybe some day!